Asking out Ash Ketchum

Hilda POV

Today was the day.

I was going to ask Ash Ketchum out for a date.

Or something around those lines.

But there was one teeney tiny problem. I had no idea if Ash liked me or not. If he was still mad at me for all the things that I had done to him, there was no way he was going to say yes. But if he was still mad at me, then he wouldn't have been so nice to me these past few weeks and he wouldn't have shown so much care when I got injured by Serena. So, here goes nothing.

time skip brought to you by Mew who turned into Arceus

I walked to school like usual and spotted Ash and May walking together laughing. A pang of jealousy shot through my heart but I shook it off. May was my friend, I couldn't act like a bitch to her just because she was friends with Ash.

I ran over to them and greeted them.

"Hi Ash. Hi May" I said as they looked to me.

"Hi Hilda" they both acknowledged me and the three of us started walking to school talking about the boring shit we would have to do today.

"Professor Juniper is making us study the different types of berries and what they do. It's not the most entertaining thing I've done" May said with a sigh.

"Well Professor Kukui is making us study the different types of tropical Pokemon that live on Mele Mele island. It's okay I guess" Ash said with a shrug.

"Well, I'm just writing essays for half the day so yay." I said sarcastically as I mentally sighed at the upcoming day.

"Well I'm going to go give Rosa her part of the project that we were doing yesterday. She forgot it" May said as she ran off to where Rosa was, leaving me and Ash alone.

I started to steel my nerves to ask Ash the question that had been on my mind for the past few days.

Just as I was about to say something Ash said something first.

"You wanna go somewhere later today?" Ash asked in casual tone.

"Uh-um-sure!" I answered not believing what I heard.

Ash POV

When Hilda said yes, my heart leaped for some reason. I shook it off and we started talking about where we would go and meet up.

When the bell rang, Hilda and I started to walk to our classes. As we were walking, I saw Calem walking with a bandage around his head and I chuckled.

Hilda gave me a questioning look and I nodded my head in Calem's direction. She smiled and shook her head.

time skip brought to you by lonely Arceus looking at a picture of itself wishing that there was another Arceus somewhere

It was now time for me to meet up with Hilda at PokeCafe. I put on a gray v-neck shirt and blue jeans. I dressed casually since it was a casual place and walked to the place.

When I walked in I saw Hilda sitting at a table in the corner I had to stop my self from staring. She wasn't wearing anything fancy, just jeans with a white shirt and a hoodie around her waist but she still looked great. I walked over and sat down.

"Hi Hilda, you look good" I said as I picked up the menu.

She blushed for some reason and said, "Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself".

The waiter soon walked over and took our orders.

"I'll have a Poke and fried Magikarp" I ordered and looked at Hilda.

"I'll have a Poke and fried Goldeen" she ordered.

The waiter wrote down our orders and walked away.

We started talking about random stuff then Hilda asked me a question.

"Have you ever had a girlfriend before?"

"No, I've never really thought about it before" I answered.

Hilda POV

When Ash responded to my question, I breathed a sigh of relief. I was glad he didn't respond with something like: "What's a girlfriend" or "Ewwwww".

But considering how dense he can be I was kinda expecting the 1st option.

It was getting late and Ash and I got up and Ash paid before I could protest which was annoying. We then walked out of the restaurant and started to walk to our houses.

When we came to the intersection where we had to go in separate directions, we said our goodbyes. I steeled my nerves and gave him and hug and and kissed him on the cheek. I was really surprised that I did that and blushed hard. I waved at him and turned around and half walked, half ran to my house.

Ash POV

I just stood there staring at where Hilda left holding my cheek. I was super confused but I had now come to terms with my feelings. I guess I had a crush on Hilda. Man, is this what it feels like to like someone. I never felt this feeling before other than a few select occasions. With a huge blush on my face I walked home.

When I got home, May opened the door and greeted me. I didn't say anything and just waved as I walked in.

"Where were you" May asked suspiciously "And why are you blushing?"

"Um, I was out with Hilda" I said quickly and ran upstairs. I had no intention of speaking about the people that I liked with someone else. Especially since I had always had weird feelings about May. Anyway, I had to sort this stuff out before it got out of hand. With all these thoughts in my head, I went into a restless sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N: Sorry for the long wait guys. I've been on vacation for a while so I haven't had time to update or anything so yeah. But anyway this is another 1k word chapter with long overdue Othelloshipping moments. Anyway I'll try to update as soon as I can and also WE GOT 100 VIEWS LETS GO LOVE U GUYS. But for now cyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.