Hoenn Part 2

3rd Person POV

Ash and Max both walked to their sides of the battlefield with similar enthusiastic expressions.

"You ready, Max? I'm not going easy on you" Ash said.

"Good. So when I win, you can't say you were going easy on me" Max countered.

"Okay...so this is a 3v3 battle. Send out your first Pokemon" Norman said.

"Come on out Sceptile" Max said throwing out his starter Pokemon.

Sceptile flew out gracefully and landed on it's feet.

Ash smirked and pulled out his Pokeball. It grew a deep red as Ash threw it into the air.

"RAAAWRR!" An orange dragon appeared, causing a miniature earthquake as it roared.

"C-Charizard" Max stuttered then shook his head.

"Charizard use Flamethrower" Ash commanded as flames shot out of the huge beast's mouth.

"Sceptile, dodge!" Max yelled frantically.

Sceptile barely managed to dodge the flames and landed right in front of Charizard.

"Dragon Claw!" Both Ash and Max yelled.

Both Pokemon's hands grew and turned green with draconic energy.

Then, with their respective battle cries, charged at each other.

When the two met, a huge explosion occured and Sceptile was thrown out. It skidded on the ground but jumped up back onto it's feet.

"You okay, Sceptile?" Max asked his Pokemon and it nodded in reply.

"Alright, use Leaf Storm" he said.

"Blast Burn" Ash commanded.

A huge amount of fiery power rushed at Sceptile, burning the leaf barrage. The attack hit Sceptile dead on causing a big explosion.

Once the dust cleared, Sceptile had swirls in his eyes while Charizard stood proudly roaring.

"Sceptile is unable to battle, Charizard wins" Norman said.

Max returned his Sceptile and whispered his thanks.

"Alright, you're up Gallade!" Max yelled.

Out of the Pokeball appeared a bipedal green and white Pokemon with it's arms shaped like razors.

"Battle begin!" Norman called out.

"Charizard, Dragon Rush into Dragon Tail" Ash said.

Charizard rushed forward surrounded in draconic energy and rammed into Gallade. Then, it's tail glowed blue and it slammed into Gallade and he hit a wall collapsing.

"Gallade is unable to battle. Charizard wins!" Norman said.

"W-what?" Max said astounded. He knew Charizard was powerful, but not so powerful that it 2 shot a very strong Pokemon.

Ash just scratched the back of his head sheepishly.

"I give up" Max said and returned Gallade.

"Okay then...Ash wins" Norman said.

Time skip brought to you by Darkrai because he is cool

It was now getting late. Ash stood up ready to leave when Norman, Caroline, and Max refused to let him leave.

This was how Ash found himself in a guest bedroom far away from all the other rooms.

'Why'd they pick this for me to sleep in? There were other rooms' Ash thought as he lay in bed. His thoughts soon drifted to his journey through the region. How he met May by destroying her bike, his battle aganist Norman, meeting the regional legendaries, all the notable parts.