The Birds and Dogs

3rd Person POV

Ash, Charizard, Mewtwo, and Articuno exited the cave and flew towards Mt. Ember, the place Moltres called home. Once the landed at the base of the mountain, the decided to climb since Moltres was known to blast any people that came too close to the top of mountain. It would be a safer approach will less risk of them angering the Legendary Bird.

Once they made their way to the top, the spotted Moltres who was resting on top of a rock.

"Moltres was sleeping the entire time?! We could've just flown in!" Ash complained, annoyed that he had to climb an entire mountain for no reason.

'You never know' Mewtwo said as he levitated toward Moltres.

In a split second, Moltres shot a ball of fire at Mewtwo. The feline Pokémon dodged the fire ball but was thrown back by a huge gust of wind.

By now, Moltres had realized who had come to visit and stopped its attack. It slowly flew towards Ash and the Pokémon, waiting for an explanation.

Mewtwo began to explain the reason for their visit and the urgency of it. Mewtwo then asked Moltres to accompany the group and help fight against Team Flare and Lysandre.

Moltres, seeing that Articuno had also agreed, decided to accept Mewtwo's request.

'He has accepted. We must now go find the others.' Mewtwo said.

"Great! Now we go get Zapdos, Entei, and Raiku. But how are going to free Entei and Raiku?" Ash asked.

'We can free Entei and Raiku from Tobias' Mewtwo said. ' But it will take us too long to go find everyone individually. We should all split up to save time. Articuno, Moltres, and I will go find the others and meet up with you. You should go back and prepare for our final battle.'

Ash looked at the other Legendary Pokemon who nodded their heads in agreement.

"Alright then" Ash said and got top of Charizard. "Just make sure we have everyone ready as quickly as possible. This won't be an easy fight."

With that, everyone flew off in different directions for their separate roles.

time skip brought to you by shiny Ditto who turned into Celebi

Ash had now made it home. It was now around midday, and he was lucky to catch some sleep on Charizard, because he knew that there was no way he would have time to sleep once he made it home.

Ash returned Charizard to let him get some rest and decided to sneak into his room using the window, so he didn't get everyone's attention. He climbed up the roof, opened his window, and walked inside.

Now, he had some time to think up a battle strategy. He knew that to break the deadlock between Xerneas and Yveltal, Zygarde would eventually show up and it would mostly likely become a dog fight for the 3 Kalos Legendaries. That would keep Calem from using his Yveltal to make any tactical moves during the battle. Tobias would also show up, Ash knew that for sure. Hopefully he could get Rayquaza so he could help fight aganist him. Mewtwo and some of the Legendary Birds would also have to fight aganist him. Lysandre would require the efforts of the Legendary Dogs and Manaphy.

Lysandre had a great variety of Legendary Pokemon. He had Z2 which would be best matched by Zygarde. But it would be locked in battle with Xerneas and Yveltal making it unavailable. Hopefully Groudon or Kyogre would be here to help out. Mew already knows about our impending battle; it was a very nosy Pokemon. Ash would also have to hope that Ho-oh and Lugia would join him so he could fight Diancie, Volcanion, and Magearna, Lysandre's other Pokemon. He would also have to face Cobalion and most likely, even more Legendary Pokemon.

Not only were Lysandre and Tobias going to be a problem, but he would also have to deal with Giovanni, Ghetsis, and Lusamine. Ash had to hope that Hoopa could come join him or bringing all these Legendary Pokemon here would take too long for Mew. Last time Ash had fought Tobias, it was easy only because he had help from Rayquaza, Lugia, and Ho-oh. He didn't know if he was going to get that help now.

Ash decided it was probably best to find a way to notify Rayquaza at least. He sent out Manaphy with instructions to bring Rayquaza. Manaphy nodded and flew off.

Now, he had to wait and keep thinking of strategy that would win him the battle no matter what happened.

After a few hours, Ash fell asleep, exhausted from his lack of sleep and the endeavors of the day.

He was quickly however, shaken out of his dreams. He groggily opened his eyes and looked around confused.

In front of him was May who looked like she was about to kill him.

" YOU IDIOT! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?! WE THOUGHT YOU GOT KIDNAPPED OR SOMETHING! DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS?!" she yelled while shaking him.

If Ash was confused and dazed before, he was now 10 times that.

"Um... what?" He said unsure of what to say.

May stared at him for a second face palming.

"You are such a fucking idiot" she said and walked out.

"Ok...it's time to go back to la la land"

———————————————————————————
A/N: Yay new chapter. I'll try to update the other book in around 3 days and this book by the end of the week. 950 words cyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.