Ash's New Mission

3rd Person POV

Ash was now back at Lumiose Tower to talk with Lance about his recent success in fighting and capturing Giovanni and the details he found during his attack

He walked into the main lobby and went into the elevator. It had only been a couple of days since his battle, so he still had plenty of the scars and wounds.

Once he got to the right floor, Ash walked out of the elevator and made his way to Lance's office.

He knocked on the door.

When he heard a 'come in' from Lance, he opened the door and walked inside.

Inside the big room, there was a desk where Lance was sitting. There was also a pink-haired girl that Ash knew well.

Aria.

He widened his eyes in surprise but shrugged it off. She was probably here to talk to Lance about something as well.

"Ah, Ash. We've been waiting for you. Come sit" Lance said as he gestured toward an empty chair.

Ash sat down and began talking about the purpose of his visit when Lance interrupted him.

"We'll get to that later; this is more important for right now" Lance said. "Ash, you've been gone from school for a while. I had no idea what had happened and thought you might have been captured, or even worse, dead. You need to communicate your plans with us, so we know what you're doing. We can't risk losing you in these challenging times."

"Lance, we both know that if I told you what I was planning on doing, you would have never allowed it. I had to this, for Kanto and my personal interests" Ash responded.

Lance sighed and shook his head.

"Ash, while I understand where you're coming from, you have to understand that you're our most important asset and the Champion of Kalos. You're putting the whole region at risk when you put yourself in danger like that. I know that I can't stop you from doing what you want, but just make sure to remember that before you go off and do something stupid."

Ash shrugged and said, "I guess."

Lance nodded.

"Now, I have something for you and Aria to do. Ghetsis is preparing to make a visit to Johto in a few days. With Giovanni now captured, he is now trying to make his presence felt there. Lysandre and Lusamine are smart, they know not to go out into the open like that, but we all know how Ghetsis can't resist the chance to have more power. I need you to go and scare him. Capture him if you can, we need to minimize the power those teams have if we want to stand a chance in a head to head battle. But, don't force it. Only fight him if you think you can take him on."

"I can understand why you're sending Ash, but why are you sending me? I do showcases, not battles" Aria asked with a puzzled expression.

"I need you to go so it seems that Kalos is underdefended. No one knows that the G-Men are headquartered in Kalos, they all think it's Kanto, especially after that attack on Giovanni. So, Lysandre will come out of his hiding hole and it will be much easier for us to find him. When he starts trying to influence the region, we'll go take him out."

Ash shook his head.

"You are overthinking this way too much, Lance"

"It doesn't matter as long as we succeed in accomplishing what needs to be done" Lance replied. "Anyways, that's all I needed to talk to you about, you guys can go now. I have a meeting in a few minutes"

Ash and Aria nodded and walked out of the office. Once they were out, Aria smacked him on the head.

"Ow!" Ash exclaimed surprised.

"What were you thinking. You thought you could just waltz into Team Rocket's headquarters and take out Giovanni on your own?!"

"Well, I mean my plan worked" Ash said with a smirk.

Aria shook her head.

"Ash, even if you don't worry about what might happen to you, there's other people who do. You need to think about how they would feel if something happened to you" Aria said looking down.

There was a moment of silence when the two of them walked into the elevator. Ash didn't really know what to say. He had always put himself on the line for his friends and family, but he had never thought about how they would have felt if something had happened to him.

"I guess so" Ash replied not really sure on what to say.

When the elevator doors opened, the two of them said their byes and left, but Ash had a nagging feeling that Aria was really nervous about something. He wasn't too sure on what it was, but it seemed to be bothering her quite a bit. He just shrugged it off and walked outside, he had to prepare for his next big battle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: New chapter yay. We can finally have KalosKingShipping back in the story. I'll try to update something again today. 850 words cyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.