Lillie's Luck

Lillie POV

I was at my new house with Gloria doing homework. After a little bit, we decided to go grab a drink at the cafe nearby. We walked down the street and saw a few kids from school. I saw one of the girls the Champion was hanging out with sitting on the porch of a house.

I immediately looked away and I have to say, seeing her made me slightly jealous. Gloria saw the girl too and scoffed.

"They probably think they're so high and mighty because they hang out with the Kalos Champion. What idiots" she said and turned away. I sighed at her usual hotheadedness and we kept walking down the street. Once we made it to the cafe, we walked in and sat down at a table. We ordered our drinks and talked for a bit about the things we were being made to do.

While Gloria wasn't a big fan of Ash Ketchum, she wasn't evil either. She wasn't too enthusiastic about hurting or killing the Champion.

As I looked around, I was surprised to see Ash there sitting with a girl about 3 tables from us. Gloria looked in the direction I was looking and cursed.

"Of course he has to be here. Now he's probably going to make a big deal about himself" Gloria snorted and leaned back in her chair.

"He hasn't done anything yet based of the situation here and by the looks of it, he's been here for a while. He's almost done with his fried Magikarp" I replied and looked away so no one though I was staring.

"Whatever you say" Gloria said and took her drink from the waitress who gave us our order.

We finished eating and Gloria went to go use the restroom. I decided to go wait outside for her and get some fresh air.

I looked at the sunset and sighed. I thought about the things that would be happening over the few weeks and the things I would be forced to do. Just then, I heard someone behind me.

"Hey, you're one of the new kids at school, right?" The person said. I turned around and my breath hitched. Ash fucking Ketchum. (A/N: That sounds like Ash fucking Ketchup lol)

"Y-yeah, my n-name's L-Lillie" I stuttered trying to believe what was happening. Ash Ketchum was talking to me!

"I'm Ash, Ash Ketchum" he said and held out his hand to me for a handshake.

No shit you're Ash Ketchum

I took his hand shyly and shook it, loving the feeling of his rough callouses. I blushed hard and looked away.

"What about your other friends, the shirtless guy and the brown-haired girl?" he asked me.

"The shirtless guy isn't really my friend, more of an acquaintance. He's Kiawe, and the girl is Gloria. She's my friend" I answered nervously. I was supposed to be part of the plan to take down Ash Ketchum, not be friendly with him.

Alas, he had to be nice to me and make my job that much harder. It's like I was looking forward to it, though. I was hoping he would be the kind of stuck up jerk that Gloria always claimed he was.

I realized how annoyed Gloria would be if she found I was talking to Ash so I decided to tell him bye and leave before he asked any questions about me.

"Lillie, don't you think it's time to get home?" A voice I knew well asked in a disapproving tone.

"O-Oh yeah, bye Ash. Come on Gloria" I said quickly and ran off to Gloria and we walked home.

"What the hell, Lillie?! You know what will happen to us if your mom finds out you've become friends with Ash Ketchum!?" Gloria said in a hushed tone.

"He said 'hi' and asked if I was one of the new kids at school, that's it. We aren't friends" I protested.

"It doesn't matter. If your mom or 'he' finds out. We will actually be killed. And I don't feel like dying yet" Gloria said and turned away ending the conversation.

I sighed and remained quiet on the rest of the walk home. I knew the risks of associating with Ash Ketchum and I made a promise to myself not to risk myself and Gloria's life for my personal reasons.

Ash POV

I said bye to Rosa who waved back to me and ran back to her house. (A/N: Remeber Rosa. Yeah, me neither lol) I walked back home and said hi to May and my Mom. I took a shower and went to sleep, thinking about all the things I did today. Going to the Cafe with Rosa and meeting Lillie, who seemed kind of familiar for some reason.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Gotta go cyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Will make a longer chapter sorry about that