Paul's Throw of the Dice

Dawn POV

I was walking back to my house, read hell, when the idiocy in my life started to come to play again.

Paul was waiting for me at the one block which had an alley. This was also one of the less populated streets of town, so he knew that there wouldn't be many people around.

(A/N: If you haven't realized by now, I severely dislike Ikarishipping. My 2 favorite ships are Advance and Pearl which is weird I know, but whatever)

"What do you want, Paul?" I asked hoping I didn't sound as worried as I felt.

"No need to be scared my dear blue eyed beauty. I promise I will make this quick" he said with a smile which terrified me more than anything.

Trigger Warning, it's not too bad though

I turned to run, only to get dragged by Paul into the alley. I kicked and screamed but Paul held my mouth shut and slapped me.

"Listen here you little bitch, if anyone finds out about this, I will personally teach you a lesson" he growled.

I started to whimper and tears started to build up in my eyes.

No, this can't be happening.

He was just about to start touching me when a bipedal orange Pokemon with a floatation device around it's neck rammed into Paul while being surrounded in a veil of water.

A Floatzel

I couldn't see a trainer anywhere, and for some odd reason, this Floatzel looked kind of familiar.

"Floatzel! Where'd you go?!" I heard a voice.

A voice I knew very well, Ash Ketchum.

He ran into the alley and saw the scene and looked around for about 2 seconds.

"The hell happened?" He asked "I hope Floatzel didn't ruin anything."

Paul was knocked out and covered in water so it was pretty obvious what had happened.

"What no! If Floatzel hadn't come here, I would've been-" I choked at the last part. No one should've had to say those words.

"What? I thought you had something with Paul. Like this morning, I thought that Leaf and Anabel knocked him out for being too weird. I didn't notice though, I just got to school by then."

He looked at Floatzel who was now rubbing against my leg.

A thought, a stupid one, but a chance.

"Does your Floatzel have a scar behind it's right ear?" I asked.

Ash grew a confused face.

"Y-yeah but how did you-"

"OH MY GOD. Its you!" I yelled and gave Floatzel a hug which it happily returned.

"You got him in a trade right?" I asked.

"Yeah..." I did.

Immediately, memories of going back to Twinleaf Town erupted in my brain. There had been a huge trade system going on for battlers and coordinators. If your Pokemon enjoyed battling more than coordinating and you were a coordinator, then you could trade that Pokemon and get a Pokemon which enjoyed coordinating instead.

This Floatzel, who was just a Buizel at the time, hated coordinating with a passion. While it broke me on the inside, I decided that this was the best decision for it. I hoped that the trainer was going to take care a Buizel. I told Buizel about it and he agreed. After I traded him away, I got an Aipom who is now an Ambipom. This was about 2 years ago. When my journey and everything I worked for was soon coming to an end.

"Ambipom was your Aipom right?" I asked but already knew the answer.

"Yeah, you were the one who got her? Can I see her sometime?" He asked.

"I don't have any Pokemon anymore" I answered flatly.

"What? What happened to them?".he asked.

"My dad took them from me. He said coordinating was a waste of time. Until he deemed me to have what it takes to be an elite battler, I was to not use any Pokemon" I said sorrowfully.

"Oh, I'm sorry" Ash said "Well I'd better get going, also if you need any help dealing with him, I'm sure Floatzel would be delighted to help."

He ran off and while I waved to him. Maybe there was a chance he could forgive me. I hoped so anyway. Just thinking about us together made me blush.

I had no idea what to do with Paul, so I just decided to leave him here. He deserves it. I then started walking to my house. I saw Ash enter a house 6 houses from mine.

WHAT?! HE'S LIVED NEAR ME THIS ENTIRE TIME?!

Oh my god. This was about to be good.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: A bit of a filler chapter, but important to the build up of Pearlshipping. This chapter is a little bit shorter than usual because I'm late for school lol. 800 words cyaaaaaaaaa. ALSO 1.5K READS WTFFFF