Ash vs Gladion

3rd Person POV

Ash looked at Gladion with a hard face. He knew how strong he was and was ready. Ash was not going to let him take over Kalos or any other region.

"YOU PROMISED TO KILL HIM! NOW THERE IS NO WAY MY GRUNTS CAN FIGHT THIS!" Lysandre yelled.

"I chose to fight him then kill him. Plus, even if I did want to kill him, I did not have any opportunities to do so" Gladion replied casually pulling out a Pokeball.

Ash nodded to Greninja who jumped in front of him, ready to battle.

"Fine" Lysandre said smiling "If you want to do whatever you want, then I will do the same. I'm calling off the attack."

With that, threw out an Alakazam and teleported out of there with his Pokemon.

Gladion paled. This was according to plan. Without Team Flare to attack and distract the G-Men, their plan of domination would inevitably fail.

Ash Ketchum seemed to be a big reason why Team Flare was continuously failing at taking over Kalos.

It was now Gladion's chance to end this obstacle once and for all.

"Go, Umbreon!" Gladion yelled with vigor. This was it. A chance to make his mother proud.

"Water Shuriken" Ash said to Greninja who threw 5 sharp discs of water at the Eeveelution.

"Dark Pulse" Gladion commanded to which Umbreon shot a powerful beam of dark energy, neutralizing the shurikens.

"Double team, then Aerial Ace" Ash said.

Greninja quickly made dozens of copies of itself and rushed at Umbreon.

"Jump, then rapid fire Shadow Balls" Gladion said quickly.

Umbreon jumped and started firing dark spheres which exploded on contact with the Greninja copies.

Unbeknownst to Gladion and Umbreon, Greninja wasn't attacking Umbreon at all.

With their bond, Ash telepathically told Greninja to jump on the roof and freeze it. Then Greninja was to break the roof right when Umbreon was under it, dealing massive damage. Then, Greninja could easily finish the Dark Type off.

The plan went exceedingly well. Umbreon had jumped, making it closer to the roof and unable to dodge the wreckage that would fall on it.

Greninja froze the roof and used Aerial Ace, breaking it. The chunk of the roof fell on Umbreon dealing lots of damage and leaving it unable to move.

"Ice Beam" Ash told Greninja who shot a light blue beam at Umbreon who couldn't take it and fainted.

Gladion grit his teeth and growled.

"You piece of shit. How dare you"

He returned Umbreon and threw out a Crobat.

"Supersonic" he commanded.

Crobat sent supersonic waves at Greninja who knew exactly what to do.

Without a command, Greninja wrapped it's tongue around it's ears and shot an Ice Beam at Crobat who wasn't expecting the attack.

Crobat got slammed into the wall and was frozen in ice.

Ash smirked. Guess Galdion wasn't such an insane battler after all.

Gladion, however, was smiling too.

"Air Cutter" he said.

Crobat immediately burst out of the ice and the share pelted Greninja, doing damage.

"Now use Toxic" he added, keeping the pressure on.

Crobat unleashed a huge glob of purple goo which badly poisoned Greninja, slowly bringing down it's health.

"Greninja!" Ash yelled. This wasn't good. It was probably best to return Greninja, he was bound to be exhausted by now. "Return" Ash said and looked to Pikachu.

"Pika pika" he replied and jumped off and landed in front of him.

"So this is the legendary Pikachu that Team Rocket spent so many years trying to capture. I have to say, I am a little underwhelmed" Gladion taunted. But this turned out to be a bad idea.

Pikachu looked at Gladion and his Crobat for about 2 seconds before unleashing his power.

Pikachu dashed at Crobat with a Volt Tackle and slammed it into a wall.

"Toxic!" Gladion yelled.

Pikachu used Iron Tail and cut the goo in half with no consequences as Steel was immune to Poison.

Then, Pikachu shot a Thunderbolt at Crobat dealing lots of damage thanks to its type advantage. Then, to finish it off, Pikachu used Electro Ball and knocked out Crobat, surprising Gladion.

"I may have spoken too soon" Gladion said and returned his Pokemon. "You will not however, escape this Pokemon wrath."

He then pulled out his strongest Pokemon's Pokeball, ready to unleash havoc.

"Stop! And put your hands up!" A voice yelled.

A bunch of shuffling was heard around the corner and a dozen G-Men piled in with their Pokeballs out.

Gladion paled. Curse Lysandre! What was he supposed to do now?!

Just as he was about to surrender, a Mega Alakazam appeared out of nowhere and teleported Gladion away, saving him.

When he was able too understand what was happening, he was in front of his mother, who was giving him one of those disappointed looks which made him ashamed of himself.

He then readied himself for the lectures he would have to face.

Ash on the other hand was mad.

"I could've defeated him! That would have been one less major threat to worry about, but no! You just had to barge in here and make him teleport away!" He yelled annoyed at Lance and his G-Men.

"Even if you did defeat him, he would have teleported away anyway. If anything, we just saved some time" Lance responded trying to calm Ash down.

Ash sighed and took a deep breath.

"I'm going home. I've wasted enough time already. See ya later, Lance" Ash said and left, in a sour mood.

---------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Hope you guys liked the chapter. I'll try to update again today if possible, but gtg. 950 words cyaaaaaaaa