Ash's Angst

3rd Person POV

Ash woke up at 5:20 AM on Monday. He had been restless all night long thinking about what had happened yesterday. He walked downstairs and sat on the couch. With nothing to do, he picked up his phone and saw that he had no notifications.

'What the hell. I didn't get any notifications?' he thought surprised.

Now with literally nothing to do, he sat on the sofa slouched, staring at the ceiling.

May woke up when the light from the living room got to her. She blinked open her eyes and saw that Ash was on the sofa staring at the ceiling. Alarmed, she walked over to the door and asked: "Are you okay, you're staring at the ceiling."

Ash jolted and fell off of the sofa startling May.

"Huh, what? Oh, it's just you. I'm fine. Go back to sleep" he said while waving his hand.

"No way. Not until you tell me what's bothering you" May said with her arms crossed.

Ash sighed and sat back on the sofa.

"It's been weird. The people I've known for so long have been doing atrocious stuff behind the scenes. I don't know how to feel about that" he said "If I had known I could've stopped them. Like Calem is Lysandre's son, If I hadn't been so determined on not battling until I had defeated Tobias, I could've helped Lance and the others stop Team Flare. It's my fault why they are so close to achieving their goals. Now, it might be too late. Even without Tobias, they can still capture Zygarde, Yveltal, and Xerneas and get them onto their side."

He slouched back onto the sofa and put his head into his hands.

May was surprised that Ash thought this was his fault. He helped Lance and the G-Men all the time in recon missions.

She walked over to him and sat next to him. She gave him a hug and said: "It's not your fault. You were the one who scared Tobias into surrendering and you also captured Calem. You done more in a day than the G-Men have done in years."

Ash didn't say anything but gave her a small smile. May snuggled into his chest and started to doze off. Ash watched her peaceful face and smiled he pulled her closer and closed his eyes, falling asleep.

a time skip, just a normal one, nothing special about it ;(

Ash was now walking with May to school. He was still confused about what May was trying to do. She had said that she was going to talk to Hilda, but what the goal of this was, he had no idea.

"You're zoning out again" May said looking at him.

He chuckled nervously and waved his hand.

"Oh uh sorry. I was thinking" he said then internally cringed.

"About what?"

"No idea" he responded quickly then said, "Oh, look we're here."

They walked through the gates and went to their normal spot at the tree. Hilda was already their reading a book.

As soon as they got there, May dragged Hilda away and went to go talk in private.

Ash POV

If I'm going to be honest, this whole thing was as nerve racking as climbing a cliff with a Pikachu on your head. I speak from experience.

I could see May talking to Hilda. They going back and forth and nodding. Then, they grew evil smirks and started walking over to me.

I'm so dead

Calem POV

I slammed my fist into the wall. How could I let myself get captured?! Father will never trust me again in an important mission if I ever get out of here.

I was so drowned in my self loathing that I didn't realize the door had opened.

"Get up, and don't make me have to say it twice."

That voice, I knew that voice. I looked up and saw my father looking down at me in distaste.

"H-how? There were so many guards!" I sputtered surprised and confused.

"I am Lysandre, puny grunts can't stop me. Now stop wasting time and let's go."

I nodded my head and followed him. All around G-Men were knocked out and snoring.

"You put them to sleep?" I asked/exclaimed.

"Yes, fighting them might have caused them to contact Lance. And well, one thing leads to another and before you know it, all 6 Champions are here and we're surrounded" Father replied in his usual gruff voice.

"What about the others? Tobias and the grunts?" I asked.

"I got Tobias, but I left the grunts. They are useless."

"But they might give them information about us!" I exclaimed.

"They do not know anything. Only the admins do and higher ups know about the plans. Also, I want you to go back to that school of yours. Recruit your friends, and decimate enemies"

I paled at that.

"B-but Ash is there. He will make sure I'm brought back into custody!" I said.

"He won't. As a Champion his reputation matters. While most common people don't know about his Champion status, many important people do. He will get a lot of backlash if he arrests a random high schooler. Just do as I say, I will not take 'no' for an answer" Father said and climbed into his helicopter.

I nodded head and followed him. I guess I did have a part to play in this.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: WHAT'S UP GUYS. 1.3K READS WTFFFFFF Sorry for the late update, I had some stuff to do. I will try to update the other book tonight. 950 words cyaaaaaaaaa.