Ash's Standoff

3rd Person POV

It was now Saturday, and Ash walked out of his house at 8 AM, quite early for a sleep deprived high schooler. 

He walked down to the school to meet Aria since the two of them were going to go meet Lance later in the day to talk about their strategy to defeat Lysandre and Lusamine. The two of them had boxed up in the Team Flare base, and it was starting to seem that only a long and drawn-out siege would be the only way to make them surrender.

While thinking about all the different possibilities, Ash made it to the school and saw Aria waiting for him on a bench. She was turned away from him, and Ash smiled mischievously.

He snuck up behind her and yelled: "WASSUP!"

 Aria turned around and had Ash in a chokehold in a flash. When she realized who it was, she let him go and smacked him on the back of the head.

"Are you stupid?! You gave me a heart attack!" she yelled.

"Oops" Ash said sheepishly while rubbing his head. "Well, so what are we gonna do? Lance told us to come meet him at 1, and I think we just a tad bit early."

"Well, we let's go walk around, I bet we can find something to do" Aria said and got up.

Ash groaned. Ash much as he loved spending time with Aria, sleep was something he desperately craved.

After about 15 minutes, Ash and Aria came upon some familiar faces.

Lillie Aether and her friend, Gloria. They were in a fierce argument with someone who made Ash growl.

Gladion Aether

Ash had defeated Gladion in a battle, but he had escaped, but now seemed the perfect time to finally dispatch him to the prison cell.

Ash had no clue why Lillie and Gloria were arguing with Gladion, but he couldn't care less. He was going to get rid of another key asset for Lysandre and Lusamine.

"Well, I guess we did find something to do" Ash said with a smirk. "I'm going to go get rid of Lusamine's right hand man."

"Ash!" Aria said in a hushed yell. "Stop! You can't just go in there on your own again. I won't let you. His sister's there as well, you're outnumbered."

"When has that ever stopped me?"

"I saw the recording of your fight with Gladion at Lumiose Tower, he nearly took out your Greninja, and he hadn't even started using his best Pokemon yet."

Ash stopped for a second. He had 3 Pokemon on him currently.

Feraligatr, Noctowl, and Goodra.

These three were more than capable of handling themselves, but Ash wasn't sure if they could take on a whole team on their own. Ash wasn't sure if any of his Pokemon could take on the entire team of a very skilled trainer.

While the odds were against him, and Aria's words made a lot of sense, Ash wasn't one to lose out on opportunities. He had Gladion right her here in front of him, and he wasn't going to give up the chance to hammer another nail in the coffin.

He stepped out and cleared his throat.

"Yo, what's up Gladion? No time, no see" Gladion shot his head back and widened his eyes and turned to get a better look.

"Y-You! Ash Ketchum!" he said, surprised. Then his face turned into a sneer and a scowl at the same time. "You escaped me last time, I won't let you get away now."

At this, Ash started laughing, nearly rolling on the floor.

"A-Are you serious?!" Ash said between laughs. "Who was the one who teleported out when they were losing?"

Gladion growled.

"As soon as I finish you off for good, I can send these two losers to hell."

Ash raised an eyebrow at that.

"We have found that this stupid girl" Gladion said grabbing Lillie, "Was giving you information about us."

"Huh?" Ash asked confused.

"Don't even. We have video evidence. Our policy on traitors is the same for everyone, no matter who they are" Gladion said looking at the two girls.

"I swear! I didn't-" Lillie began.

"SHUT UP!" Gladion barked and shoved her to the ground. "You try to escape, and I will give you my personal judgement, something much worse than death."

"Hello?! Can we get started?" he said, and threw out a Pokeball, which let out Noctowl.

"Ahahahahaha! A stupid bird, watch this" Gladion said.

Noctowl narrowed its eyes while Ash smirked. Gladion was so screwed now.

"Go Umbreon!"

The Dark Type Eeveelution came out and gave out some kind of weird roar.

'Oh, shit' Ash thought. He had completely forgotten that Gladion had a Dark Type. Oh well, it didn't matter too much. After all, the first rule of Pokemon was that Type advantages weren't everything.

"Well then, let's get started" Ash said with his trademark smirk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I haven't updated in forever lol. I said that I was hoping to finish this book by July, but it's July 6th lmao. Hopefully I can wrap this up in the next few chapters. 800 words cyaaaaaaaaaa.