The Kiss

May POV

I couldn't stop thinking about what happened last night. Ash had come home after meeting up with Hilda. Now that on it's own isn't that bad, but he was flustered like hell and only said a few words to me before running upstairs. I really hope nothing happened and I REALLY hope that the two of them didn't hook up or something. Pushing aside all the negative thoughts I did my daily routine and went downstairs. Ash was like usual stuffing himself food and had 3 empty bowls in front of him. I giggled and Ash looked up at me.

"What are you laughing about. You eat just like me" Ash said with an eyebrow raised.

"That doesn't mean it's not funny" I countered as I sat down at the table.

"Hello May." Mrs.Ket-, I mean Delia said in a sweet tone.

"What about me?!" Ash said with an offended tone.

"Oh you're always here. May on the other hand isn't going to always be here. Unless..." she mused as I froze.

She winked at me as Ash just stared blankly then shrugged and went back to eating.

Delia just sighed at her son's denseness and went to the kitchen and got some breakfast for herself.

After we finished eating breakfast, Ash and I walked to school talking about random stuff and walked over to our usual spot at the tree.

And as usual, things had to go sour.

Drew waltzed up and flicked his hair like an idiot.

"Hey babe, wanna meet up tonight?" He asked while holding out a rose.

"Hell no, why would I go out with you?"

I almost puked at the idea of me going out with Drew. Going out with a Grimer sounded like a better idea.

"Because I'm hot and popular, duh" he said as he flicked his hair again.

"You shouldn't flick your hair so much, your wig might fly off" Ash said with a smug grin.

"Fuck off, Ketchum. This doesn't concern you"

"Actually, it does, because May is my friend and you're annoying her." Ash countered as he walked towards Drew.

Drew gulped and scampered away.

I burst out laughing as Ash chuckled.

"Hey guys!" came a voice.

I turned as two figures ran towards us.

"Hi Rosa. Hi Hilda" I responded.

"Sup guys" Ash acknowledged.

We all stood next to the tree and chatted. As we were talking Rosa stumbled and fell onto Hilda who was turned the other way and was facing Ash. Like dominos Hilda fell onto Ash who walked backwards into the tree.

Ash POV

One second I was talking with Hilda about the Fire-Fighing type starters. And the next I'm falling back onto the tree. As my back hit the tree I could feel Hilda falling on to me. As she caught herself and looked at me, my breath hitched. She looked really good. Our faces were inches apart and we were looking into each other's eyes. I was almost ready to close that distance.

Hilda jerked herself back and turned away but I could tell she was blushing hard. I could feel my own face heat up as took in a deep breath.

Rosa started to apologize but I could tell that neither Hilda or I were listening. I decided that I was going to apologize for it later.

In the corner of my eye I could see N walking up to us.

"It always gives me great joy when two ugly people fall in love" he said with fake happiness.

"Really, who's the unlucky girl who fell in love with you?" I asked with fake innocence.

N just growled and walked away. Not before giving Hilda a look, making her shiver. It was now my turn to growl and I glared at N who scoffed and walked back to his friends.

time skip brought to you by the cannibalistic Palkia

After school ended, I looked around for Hilda. I didn't get a chance to talk to her and apologize as she would try to avoid me every time I got close to her.

I saw her behind the school building walking around doing nothing.

"Hey Hilda" I said as I walked up to her.

She jumped and turned around to face me then tensed again.

"Oh-um-uh H-hi Ash I gotta go now, bye!" She stuttered before trying to run off.

"No wait. Just listen to me for once." I pleaded as I grabbed her hand. I blushed at the contact as Hilda did as well.

"I wanted to ask if I did anything. I mean- you've been avoiding me all day. Tell me if I did something wrong.

"What, no. You didn't do anything wrong. It's just um-" she looked around desperately.

"What?" I asked in a small voice. I really hoped she wouldn't say that she hated me and didn't want to see me or something like that.

"It's hard being around you with all these feelings okay?! I know I'm just an idiotic girl and stuff. I hurt you before and I know there's no way you'll ever feel the same way towards me, but-"

"Listen to me. If I still hated you then I wouldn't have been with you these past weeks. And well, what you know might not always be the truth." I blushed hard and looked at her.

She looked at me for a moment before slowly walking over. She cupped my face with two hands before pressing her lips onto mine. I couldn't describe the feelings I was going through. I wrapped my hands across her waist and pulled her in closer. She ran her hands through my already messy hair and deepened the kiss.

"HILDA" came a voice.

Hilda and I both jumped and turned our heads in the direction of the sound.

Rosa walked over and said: "There you are. Oh, hi Ash. What are you two doing here alone. The bell rang 10 minutes ago.

"Oh yea." I said still trying to process what happened.

"Well, let's go." Rosa said as Hilda and I followed her with both of us each giving each other small glances. My face felt so hot that I bet you could've roasted hamburgers on it. In my flustered state I walked home.

---------------------------------------------------------
WHAT'S UP GUYS I LEAVE FOR 2 DAYS AND THE BOOK GETS 100 VIEWS AND 25 MORE VOTES WTFFFFFF. LOVE YOU GUYS ALSO 1.1K WORDS 1ST GIRL IN THE HAREM US DONE YAY. BUT FOR NOW CYAAAAAAA