Heading to the Frontier

3rd Person POV

Ash opened the door and walked into his house, thoroughly exhausted after a very boring day at school.

But, only one thing was on his mind. There was another attack, and this time it was on the Battle Frontier. Ash knew that this would not be easy to fight off, after all, if several Frontier Brains were struggling to fend off the attackers, there was definitely something going on.

He walked over to the kitchen where his mom was and greeted her before letting her know that he would be heading to Kanto the next day. He left out the details for the reason for his visit as to not worry her, but Delia knew the general idea of what he was going to do. After all, her son's was one of most powerful people on the planet, and keeping order was like a daily chore.

He then walked upstairs into his room and and sat down for a bit, trying to relax. After giving up, he decided to go take a shower to hopefully clear his head.

While Ash definitely loved his position and the role it had in society, he couldn't help but feel absolutely overwhelmed at times. In just these last couple of weeks, the amount of times he had to deal with the insurgents was starting to mentally and physically take a toll on him.

He walked into the bathroom and came out about 10 minutes later, somewhat refreshed. He then walked back into his room and tried to get his homework done. School definitely didn't help with how exhausted he was either. Having to stay up to almost 11 o' clock every night, even on weekends was an absolute torture.

While he was slowly drowning in his Pokemon Research homework, his door opened. Based on the sound of the footsteps, Ash could tell that it was May. She walked behind him and wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him on the cheek.

"Where'd you go?" she asked.

"Some fools are attacking the Battle Frontier and luckily for me, a bunch of the Brains are in other regions helping out with other problems. So, Anabel and I have to leave tomorrow to go help out the defenders."

"I'll come too."

It's too dan-" Ash began, but was swiftly cut off with a finger to the lips.

"You know I don't care. Plus, it's been a while since I've been to the Battle Frontier. And we haven't had a chance to some time to ourselves since our trip to Hoenn" May replied.

Ash thought for a moment before finally relenting.

"Well, alright I guess" Ash said as he gave in.

"Great, now get some rest, I don't need you looking this depressed the entire time while we're there" May ordered as she gave Ash a kiss before walking out of his room.

Ash smiled softly. At least he had people in his life who made it much more bearable.

timeskip brought to you by the og Dialga who is somehow still around

Ash woke up the next morning at around 7:30 AM, and groaned in annoyance. After he tried to get back to sleep and failed, he decided to get up for the day. He still felt awful, but at least it was better than the night before.

He got ready for the day and took a shower before heading down. He saw May from the window feeding the Pokemon and his mom on the couch, reading some magazine.

"Morning, mom" Ash greeted as he walked into the living room..

"Good morning, Ash. Breakfast's already on the table. Make sure you let me know before you leave, okay?" Delia asked, her voice shrouded in concern.

"I will mom, don't worry about it" Ash said as he sat down at the table and began to start scarfing down the pancakes that his mom had made.

After thanking his mom for the meal, Ash walked outside and took in a breath of fresh air. He was immediately met by his trusty partner, Pikachu who immediately sprinted over to him.

"Pika pika!" Pikachu greeted.

"Morning, Pikachu" Ash said with a smile as he patted the Electric Type's head. He acknowledged hos other Pokemon which were around and walked over to where May was.

"Morning, May" Ash said from behind her as he wrapped his arms around his longtime travelling companion.

"Morning Ash, did you get enough sleep last night?" May asked with a questioning look.

Ash nodded, still somewhat visibly tired.

"I'm fine. We need to get going soon though, we don't know what's going on over there."

May nodded and finished with what she was doing.

"I'm ready to go whenever you are" she replied.

"Well then, let's get going."

another timeskip by the same Dialga (aint no way)

Ash and May were now boarding a plane to Kanto as Lance had deemed travel by Charizard too dangerous. Apparently people would be able to shoot him out of the sky or something. Ash didn't know how a plane didn't apply to the same logic, if anything his Charizard would easily dodge whatever was sent at him. All Ash needed was a good grip, which he had. (A/N: Just like your mom) 

The plane was a private jet that was owned by Lance, and it was definitely one of the most luxurious and over the top things that Ash had ever seen. No plane needed a bar with a bartender.

As he sat down, Ash spotted Anabel in the aisle across from him. The moment he had made eye contact, she immediately looked away and pulled out her phone.

Ash could only sigh and sit back as he waited for this plane to get him to back to his home region, and the place where he had made some of his best memories.

May on the other hand, knew exactly why Anabel had been so distant from Ash and couldn't exactly blame her, after all, she had fallen for the same boy. May had noticed how Anabel had felt for Ash back then, and it was something that hadn't bothered her too much when they had just started off. It was in fact Anabel who made May question her feelings towards Ash during the latter part of the Battle Frontier.

While May knew something would definitely happen during the trip, she just decided to watch it all play out and see what happened.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: A bit of a filler I know, but it is what it is. Hopefully I'll update soon. 1050 words.