Never Ending Pt. 2

Zaniyah's POV (2 weeks later)

I was laying up on the phone Friday night talking to Zakiyah. "So tell me about this Chris boy." She said all excited.

I laughed. "He tall and light skin, he got freckles. And he fine as hell, Kiah!"

"Ooh I gotta meet him!" she said, I could tell she was smiling.

"You and Zayden need to come, he can go to school here."

"Ima think about it." she sighed, "You talked to Chris?"

"Yeah, at school Friday. And when I sneezed he said bless you! I was screaming on the inside, I was so happy!" I said, trying to contain my happiness.

She laughed. "Ima talk to yo crazy ass later."

"Aight, love you."

"Love you too big head lil girl." She said hanging up.

I changed into some booty shorts and a tank top and just laid around watching TV and talked on the phone. I jumped when someone knocked. I quickly ran to it and it was Chris.

I smiled. "Hey Chris."

"Hey Zy, how you doin." He hugged me.

"Aight I guess." I said sitting on the couch.

"Damn you ain't finished unpacking yet." He looked around.

"I was just about to get started when you came."

"If you want me to go I will, I just wanted to see you." He turned towards the door.

"No!" I quickly grabbed his hand.

He turned back to me, still holding my hand. He smiled as I blushed. He raised my hand and gently kissed it. I melted like butter.

"We should get started, don't you think." He walked up to me. I nodded and walked to the kitchen.

He started putting up dishes and decorating. I started some music and we worked in silence. I started to dance unknowingly, and when I turned Chris was staring. I looked down and 'Chris Jr' was showing.

"Focus Chris." I smirked.

He smirked too. "I should be the one saying that, you purposely put them shorts on cuz you wanted to see me."

"Boy I already had this on before you even got here."

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes, I laughed.

We kept putting things away until we were in my bedroom. I stopped for second to stretch and noticed he was staring at a photo of my mama, daddy, plus me and all my siblings. "What you see." I asked, pulling my sheets out the box.

"Nothing." He sat it on my dresser.

I rolled my eyes and finished making the bed. As soon as I finished he sat down and turned on Good Burger. I changed into some pajama pants and made some noodles. I was going to bring him some, but when I walked in he was asleep. I smiled, kissed him all over his face and put them in the refrigerator. When I walked back in I curled up next to him.

"Damn, crush my ass then." he mumbled, his eyes still closed. I smacked my teeth and tried to move but he pulled me even closer. I smiled and just laid there on his chest, and eventually fell asleep.

I woke up and Chris was still knocked out. I looked at the clock and it was 8. I got up and walked in the living room. My daddy was sitting there smoking a cigar.

"When did you get here." I said opening the window.

"About 30 minutes ago, I thought you weren't here." He kissed my cheek.

"Nah I was sleep." I sat next to him. We watched a movie until he yawned.

"Where's the bathroom sweetie."

"First door on the left." I said. He nodded, grabbed his phone and got up.

I looked to my left and noticed his business phone. All my life he had two phones, which he always said, 'one phone for their business, and the other for my own business'.

I noticed a text from Zakiyah that caught my attention.

When are you going to tell Zy?

Tell her what?

He took his other phone to text her in private, I couldn't believe this shit.

That she's not your child!!

I stood up and felt my heart hit the ground.

It's still a possibility!

It's been almost 18 years Daddy, why didn't you and Mama take care of this when she was born?!

It's a long story sweetheart, we'll talk later.

As soon as that text was sent I heard the toilet flush. He walked out and noticed I was holding the phone. He just stared me in the eye, he knew I was pissed.

"Zaniyah..." He whispered.

"I'm not your child?" I asked, my voice wobbling.

"Zy it's not like that, let's just sit down and talk about this-"

"I think you should go." I mumbled. He walked over and grabbed his stuff. I sighed as he kissed my cheek and walked out.

I drunk a glass of cold water because my mouth felt so dry, and made my way back to the bedroom. Chris was still knocked the fuck out luckily, I won't have to explain nothing to him. At least not yet.

I pulled off the pajama pants and laid in bed with him. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pulled me closer to him.

As I thought more and more about the situation I started to cry. I cried harder and harder until Chris' chest was soaked. He patted my back gently which made me smile.

"You don't want to talk about it, do you." he whispered.

"No."

"That's okay mama. Let it all out." He whispered to me, and kissed my forehead.

"Chris will you spend the night with me." I whispered after a while.

"Yes." he smiled and pulled my head back down to him.