Nobody's Business Pt. 1

I accidentally deleted this part😭💔.

Chris' POV

I was sitting at home smoking when my Mama called me and asked me to go to Walmart. "I know it's late but I need the stuff for Christmas dinner."

"Alright." I sighed and grabbed my keys.

"I texted you the list. Thanks love." she hung up.

I went to Walmart and got all the stuff, whenever people wasn't running up to me for pictures and shit. I got in line to pay when I seen a pretty ass light skin girl. She looked as if she had been crying, and she had a baby girl over her shoulder. Whenever her total came over $120 she asked the cashier to take items off, but she kept all the baby's stuff. That kinda hurt me, seeing her sad and shit.

I took my stuff to the car and was about to leave but I couldn't get that girl and her baby off my mind. As I was pulling off I seen her sitting on a bench outside crying. I pulled over and hopped out the car.

"Hey." I said sitting beside her.

She wiped her face and gave me a pretty smile. "Hey."

"You okay? I seen what happened in there.." I said.

She sighed and shook her head. "I'm good.. just worried about my baby. I don't want her to get sick." she said. I noticed she only wore a light jacket and the other one was wrapped around the baby.

"Can I hold her?" I asked. She nodded and handed me the baby. She opened her eyes and stared at me like I was crazy, making me laugh.

"How old is she." I asked.

"3 months."

"What's her name?"

"Melody. I'm Maaliyah, by the way." she said with a sigh.

I nodded. "Nice to meet."

"Nice to meet you too, Chris."

"What did you get?" I asked handing her the baby.

"3 onesies, some pants for her, 2 blankets, 2 bottles, a gallon of water and a cheap car seat. I was gonna use the rest to go to my sister's house."

"Okay, come on." I stood up.

"It's okay foreal, you ain't got to-"

"Come on." I said.

I put her car seat together while Maaliyah changed her clothes and fed her. Once I was done we got in and I turned the heat up.

"You wanna go to your sister's house or come home with me?" I asked.

She shrugged. "I trust ya."

I got on the highway and was almost to my Mama's house when Melody started whining. "My poor baby." Maaliyah said.

"It's good, we finna stop so you can take care of it." I said. She smiled at me and I laughed.

I brought the stuff to mama and she smiled. "Thank you sweetie."

"No problem, I'm finna go. Love ya, I'll call you tomorrow." I said heading for the door.

"What's the hurry? You don't want dinner? You must have a friend with you." Mama said.

"Yeah, love you." I walked out. Maaliyah was sitting there looking around.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yeah." she said smiling.

When we got to my house, she carried the baby and I carried the bags. She went in the baby bag and pulled out a pink leggings and matching tank top.

"Can I shower?" she asked.

"Sure." I said.

While she did that I cleaned up a lil bit and watched Melody. Once she got out I showered then changed into some pajama pants. Maaliyah and I set up my niece's old bassinet for Melody then laid down.

I scooted away from her, assuming she wanted her space after a rough ass night. But every time I did, she got closer. I turned over and pulled her close to my chest, she smiled.

"Goodnight Chris."

"Goodnight."