Be My Peace Pt. 1

I start school in 2 days and I am NOT READY 😭

Raven's POV

"I told you Ma, I don't need this shit. It ain't nothing wrong with me." I sat in the passenger's seat with my arms crossed, looking like a big ass baby.

"First of all, watch yo fucking mouth. Second, anger management is gon help yo stubborn ass."

I sighed as she pulled up in the parking lot. "I guess."

I got out and grabbed my phone, purse and keys. "You don't have to worry about picking me up, I'ma go get some food for us down the street then I'll Uber home."

She smiled and nodded. "Alright, be careful. Love you."

"Love you too." I closed the door then walked towards the building.

I swear my Mama is dramatic. I got into a fight at my school with a girl and broke her jaw. I got expelled, and now all of a sudden everybody think I need anger management and therapy. Ain't nothing wrong with me, I just can't stand that girl. For reasons I just don't wanna talk about.

I walked up to the main desk in the lobby and there was a man sitting there with another nigga, who looked like he was about my age or a lil bit older. He was kinda cute, but I ain't here to find a nigga. I don't need a relationship right now.

"Hey, I'm here for anger management class one." I said to the man.

"Okay, what's your name." he said looking at his computer.

"Raven Edwards."

"Okay Raven, my name is Coach Waters and I'm gonna be your guide." he said, I nodded as he handed me a piece of paper with my name on it.

The boy next to him cleared his throat, and Coach Waters rolled his eyes. "This is Chris, this nigga thirsty so ignore him."

I laughed and Chris smacked his teeth. "Whatever bruh."

"So where am I supposed to go." I asked.

"Chris will show you around." he said.

I nodded and followed Chris. He put on his shirt and lead me down the hall. "Why you put your shirt back on? I wanna to see your tats." I looked up at him.

"I know. I seen you staring, ma." he said, we both laughed.

"This where we take the anger management class at." he said pointing to a big room. It had bean bags, a big ass TV, a PS4, a dry erase board and a few desks.

"It look like a game room, I thought this was supposed to be like therapy or some shit like that."

"We do it different, you'll see what I mean when we get in the class." he said taking me down some stairs.

"You in it too?"

"Yeah, I stabbed a nigga cuz he tried to swing on my mama."

"Stabbed a nigga? Damn, I thought what I did was fucked up. You crazy crazy."

He laughed. "I'm playin wit you. What you here for?"

"I broke a girl's jaw."

"Got damn, you the one that's crazy. The fuck she do to you?"

"I ain't telling you all that." I said as we approached a lady at a desk.

"Good morning Chris, what's wrong." a lady wearing glasses said.

"This Raven, the new girl."

She smiled at me. "Nice to meet you, I'm here if you need anything." she said, I nodded and me and Chris walked back to class.

I sat down in the front while everybody else sat in the back on the other side of the class. It was cool with me, I'm here to get help.

"Good morning y'all." Coach Waters walked in.

"Good morning." we all said. They all sat at their desks, and Chris came and sat next to me. Can't even lie, he made me nervous when he scooted towards me, sat back and put his arms behind me

We went through the class quick, we talked about how thoughts, feelings and actions were connected. It made sense but it was boring. I was waiting on 3:30 to come so I could get the fuck outta there.

Me and Chris was sitting there talking shit when we heard thunder outside. "Damn, I knew I should've drove here." I said.

He looked at me. "You need a ride?"

"I gotta walk down the street to get me and my mama some food then I'ma Uber, hopefully it won't be raining when we leave."

He nodded. "Where you say at?"

"Glenwood, them brown apartments by the gas station."

"That's what's up, my cousin stay over there. You know a girl named Sully?"

"She tall and light skin? Honey blonde hair?" I looked at him.

"Yeah, I'll give you a ride if you want to." he said smiling.

I smiled back, then we exchanged numbers. "Thank you."

"No problem, so what else you doing after this."

"Why?"

"Cuz we need to get to know each other." he smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes. "You not gon play me Chris I ain't fucking stupid."

He laughed. "I'm foreal, and I ain't say you was stupid."

The bell rung and everybody started to stand up. "Shut up, and come take me home."