Someone Like You Pt. 5

Chris POV (2 months later)

Shit been crazy lately. From the studio to dealing with the kids, to Ny going to school and working on her business, me and Nyla ain't had no time to ourselves. We be fucking all the time but I wanna spend real time with her. But we ain't never got a chance.

That's finna change though, cuz Nyrell bad ass going to live with his grandma. But we keeping Destiny. It ain't a problem cuz she easy to deal with. As long as she eat, she good.

I walked downstairs and Destiny sat in her swing while Nyla was packing Nyrell's bags. "Hey babe." I sat next to her.

She looked up and kissed me. "Let's go out tonight." she sat in my lap.

"Go out? Go out where."

"Let's go out to eat or the movies or something. We can't never really enjoy each other but now we got a chance." she laid on my chest.

"What about the baby."

"Auntie Pudding gon keep her till tomorrow night."

"Aight, we can do that." I say, she smile and start kissing me.

We sat there kissing but here come Nyrell, making noise and shit. "Nyla!" he yelled.

"Huh." she pulled back and looked at him.

"Can I talk to Chris before I leave?" he ask.

She shrugged and nodded. "Okay."

She grabbed Destiny then carried her upstairs. Nyrell jumped on the couch next to me. "Wassup lil man." I said.

"Can I ask you a question? Man to man?" he ask.

I chuckled. "Yeah, go head."

"You don't want me to live with you no more? That's why you making me leave?" he looked up at me.

I sighed. "Ion want you to leave, it's just hard on me and your sister tryna take care of 2 kids."

"Oh." he nod. "Is it cuz I was mean to you."

"You was bad as hell at first but you been better lately so that ain't the problem."

"Oh." he nod again. "I didn't wanna be mean Chris, I just can't let a man be close to me."

I raise an eyebrow, "Why is that?"

"Before we left our house with Mama, I heard Nyla on the phone and she said that she wasn't gon let another lady get close to her cuz Mama left with Destiny's daddy. So now I can't let another man get close to me, cuz our daddy left us." he said.

I start feeling bad, this whole situation got his mind fucked up. "Listen, not everybody gon leave you like yo daddy did. People gon show you they care about you, and that's who you should trust."

"Trust? What that mean?" he asked.

"Trust means that you know somebody will be there for you no matter what, you believe in them."

"I trust you Chris." he said.

I smile and hug him, "I trust you too lil man. Now when you go to Grandma's house I want you to be good, okay?"

"Okay." he nodded.

"I'll be right back." I got up and went upstairs.

Nyla was sitting in the rocking chair in Destiny's room feeding her. "Babe."

"Yeah?"

"I want a baby." I said.

She looked at me like I was crazy, "You what? Chris we not ready for a baby and I ain't got time to be getting pregnant-"

I cut her off, "I want a son. And soon as we get home we gon make one."

******************

By 6 o'clock, both of the kids was gone and me and Nyla was getting ready for our date. I showered first and dressed in a grey sweat suit with some J's.

I sat down and played call of duty while Ny showered and got ready. The bathroom door opened and my jaw dropped.

She was in a tight short black dress and heels, she straightened her hair and she had on a full face of make up. I drop my controller, walk up to her and start kissing her.

She pull back and laugh as I kiss on her neck, "C'mon babe stop playing, let's go."

"We gon fuck before we leave."  I mumbled kissing her.

"Stopppppp babe." she whined.

I let her go then kissed her forehead. "Let's go, but when we get to there we gon fuck in the back of the theater." I said, she laughed.

After the movie we went to an Italian restaurant to eat. I got us a private table in the back so we were by ourselves.

We waited for 10 minutes before somebody came. "Hey, what can I get for you today." the waitress walked up to our table.

"Can I get chicken alfredo with broccoli and carrots, garlic bread, a side salad with some pink lemonade." Nyla said.

"Okay." she wrote it down then looked at me, "And you?"

"Can I get deep dish lasagna and some garlic bread with some peach tea."

"Okay, I'll be back with your drinks." she said, then walked away.

"I'm excited." Ny said, and did a lil dance.

I laughed. "I know cuz yo fat ass ordered half the menu."

She smacked her teeth. "Shut up."

After we ate we walked down the street holding hands. She stopped me when she seen a gift shop. "Ooh bae look, can we go in?" she looked up at me.

"C'mon." I held the door open for her.

We walked in and we looked around. She seen some t-shirts and a purse she wanted so I bought it.

After that we walked back outside and towards the beach. We walked towards the water and when the waves came up towards us, she screamed and jumped in my arms.

I laughed. "You talk a lot of shit to be scared of some water."

"Shut up!" she yelled as I put her down.

I laughed again then held her hands. "Babe."

"Yes?" she looked up at me.

I pulled a ring box out my pocket and she gasped. I pulled the diamond ring out and put it on her finger. "Baby I love you so much, you mean the world to me and I promise to be down for you forever."

Tears fell down her face. "I love you."

"I love you too." I kissed her cheek.

"Babe?" she looked at me.

"Yeah?"

"I'm pregnant."