Broken Pt. 1(Sneak Peek)

Katara's POV

I laid in bed, freezing. Me and Heaven was laying next to each other under our blanket trying to stay warm, but nothing helped. Treyvon bitch ass always keep our room cold so we'll stay awake, just in case he had a new client for us.

It ain't like we get paid for what we do. He get all the money and give us a dollar or two so we can buy stuff from him, like snacks and shit. We his prostitutes, he paid for us and he definitely treat us that way.

"You feel okay?" Heaven's soft voice said.

"Yeah just cold." I sighed and we came closer. "You think he'll give us another blanket?"

"He barely care enough to feed us Tara, you think he give a fuck enough to give us another blanket?"

"He said I was up next. Maybe if I do something extra he'll give us some more stuff."

She sighed. "Alright well.. I'll pay you back, promise."

"It's all good." I sighed.

We laid there for another ten minutes until I heard Treyvon call my name. "Katara! Get in here!" he yelled.

I sighed and sat up. Me and Heaven hugged each other. "Be careful, don't do nothin stupid." she said.

That might sound crazy but that's what we always say before one of us has to go deal with another client. We like sisters, all we got is each other. If I lost her because of Treyvon or a client, I might lose my mind and I know she feel the same way about me.

I walked in the living room and Treyvon was sitting there with Jeremiah. "I know you heard me calling you." Von rolled his eyes.

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry? That's all you got to say?" Jeremiah said.

I sighed. "It won't happen again."

"Mhm." Treyvon lit his blunt. "Go fix yo face and get ready. Next one will be here in 15 minutes."

"Yes sir." I walked back in the room and sighed.

"What he say?" Heaven sat up.

"I gotta do my make up and stuff. I got 15 minutes." I sat at the mirror and grabbed my make up bags.

Treyvon give us a budget every month. We both get $75 for clothes, make-up and our personal needs. He give us food and drinks and shit so we ain't gotta pay for that.

In our room, we got a bed, mirror, bathroom, dresser, closet and a few blankets. And it ain't in good condition neither. Our mirror is cracked, our toilet don't work that well, our bed is hard as a rock, it's three big ass holes in the walls and our clothes got holes in them. We got a TV too, but he blocked all the channels except the news and Cartoon Network.

Crazy thing is, we used to see ourselves on the news. People from our school and neighborhood searching for us. My friends crying, begging the police to give them answers. Truth is, the police don't give a fuck. They searched the area a few times and tossed the case out the window. They don't ain't never cared.

I finished my face then changed into a lace bra, panties and heels. Heaven hugged me again and I walked out the room to the guest bed. We always hug each other before leaving because you don't never know what kind of shit to expect when dealing with a client. One time a nigga pistol whipped Heaven because she didn't give him head long enough. Shit crazy, right?

A tall old white man with a lazy eye stood there with Von. "Damn, she's a fine one, ain't she?" the white man said with a heavy country accent.

"Yep she's my best one." Von smirked at me.

"Von can you do me a favor, please?" I asked, speaking in my fake cute voice.

His smirk turned to a frown. "What?"

"Will you give me and Heaven another blanket? I'll give him something extra."

"Extra like what."

"I'll do oral too." I said, kinda regretting it but us staying warm was worth it.

He nodded and smiled. "Go ahead."

Treyvon left and the white man stared at me, waiting for me to give him what he wanted.

************

I walked back in the room with some sore ass legs. I limped to the bed and put my head in Heaven's lap.

I sighed and she ran her hands through my hair, looking down at me. "You feel okay?"

"Not really, but I got us more blankets." I said.

We sat there for a few more minutes until I heard my name again. "Come here Katara!" Von yelled.

I walked in there and he was laughing. "This why I love you girl!" he waved like $2,000 in cash at me. "Look what you did! You amazing girl! I swear, I can't let ya pretty ass go!" he hugged me tight.

"Mhm." I fake smiled at him.

"You wanted blankets right? I'll give you whatever you want. This the most money you done ever made me."

"Can we have 2 blankets?"

"Hell yeah, I'll give you 3."

"And can we have a game or something?"

"A game? Whatchu mean? Xbox? PS4?" he frowned.

"No like a boardgame. Monopoly, Candy Land, stuff like that."

He nodded. "Bet. Now go in there and lay down until the food get here."

I walked back in and laid down next to Heaven. "I convinced him to give us some more stuff, he happy he got his money."

She nodded and turned up the TV. "Good."

We laid down to take a nap and woke up when our door opened. Treyvon walked in with some new clothes, pink, purple and black blankets, some snacks and board games.

"Here y'all go." he sat it at the end up the bed.

Jeremiah walked in behind him with 2 pizzas, a drink and 2 cups. "Eat."

They walked out and I smiled at Heaven. She smiled back. "You the best, I got you I promise."

We spent the night playing Jenga, then got some rest for another day in hell.

******************************

y'all tell me... full book or publish here? Chris comes in during chapter 2 btw.