My Little One Pt. 3

Chris POV

I woke up with a headache and rolled out of bed. I washed up then changed into a white long sleeve and some grey sweats. I rolled me a blunt then walked downstairs to the living room. I turned on the TV to the news, and seen that King Von had died. What the hell going on?

"Damn." I mumbled to myself. It feel like everybody just dropping dead, it's been a crazy ass year.

Hearing all this shit made me think about what's been going on at home, so that reminded me I needed to call my mama and tell her what's going on.

I grabbed my phone from the charger and called her. It rung a few times and she answered. "Hey baby, how you doing?"

"I'm straight Ma, wassup with you."

"Nothing, I'm getting ready to go in here and cook your cousins some breakfast. Everything alright?"

"Yeah, I just called to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

"I think I'm about to adopt a little girl, I picked her up a few days ago and I want to keep her."

"What? Chris, I think you should think this through. Do you really want to adopt a child? Why don't you just have one?"

"But I want to keep her Mama. We already spent time together, I'm probably the one who saved her life."

"I understand that but still Chris, adopting a baby is a big decision. You can't just decide one day that you want a child. Especially when you're not prepared."

"She's going to be at the foster care center for a few more days. I'm going to be prepared."

"Mhm." she mumbled. "How old is she anyway."

"She's two. She's so sweet too, the sweetest lil girl you'll ever meet. I don't know why her mom just left her in a parking lot like that Ma."

"In a parking lot? I don't know why she would do that either. Well I wish you good luck with everything, keep me updated on everything okay?"

"Thank you I guess, I'll talk to you later."

"Alright, I love you." she hung up.

I ain't even gone lie and say that ain't piss me off, because it did. Why she trying so hard to doubt me and my ability? I want to adopt Kay'Loni because I think I can give her a good life. And I'll spend the next week preparing for it.

I threw my phone across the couch and leaned back. I got a bad headache, and I want some pussy.

As soon as I sat up and opened my eyes my phone rung. I didn't know the number but I answered anyway. "Hello." I mumbled.

"Hey Chris, what you doing?" I heard a familiar voice, but I couldn't put a name to it.

"Wassup, and I don't mean to be funny but, who is this?"

"This Kandezi, you don't remember me?" she said in a soft voice.

"Oh shit, wassup? How you get my number?" I asked.

"From Kay'Loni's file, duh."

I laughed, "What's good baby girl."

"Nothing, I called to see what you was doing today." she said.

"Shid nothing, I ain't got no plans for today."

"Oh okay." she said, "Wanna do something today? I'm off and I don't have no school work to do."

"Yeah that's cool, what you thinking ma?"

"I don't know, we could go get some food or something. I'll pay if I have to."