Nobody's Business Pt. 2

I know these updates coming slow asf & I'm sorry, I been so busy lately😭.

Chris' POV

I turned over in bed and opened my eyes. I almost shit myself cuz I forgot about Maaliyah and Melody. Maaliyah was sitting up feeding Melody.

"Good morning." I said sitting up.

"Good morning Chris." Maaliyah smiled at me.

I sat in a chair next to them and sighed. Melody opened her eyes and just stared at me. I laughed and Maaliyah smiled. "I think she like you." she said.

"Good." I said, picking Melody up.

"Umm.. before you drop us off, is there anything you need or want me to do? Like to repay you for this?"

"No need to repay me, but will you make some breakfast?" I asked.

She nodded. "What you want?"

"Whatever is fine with you, I'll wash Melody up."

"Okay, but please be careful with her." she said, then walked out.

I washed Melody up and dressed her in a pink and white onesie with some pink pants. I kissed her on the cheek and she smiled at me. I laid her down to sleep then went downstairs.

"Maaliyah." I said walking in the kitchen.

"Wassup?" she asked. I looked around and she had made grits, bacon, hash browns, pancakes and scrambled eggs.

"Damn, this look good." I said grabbing me a plate and cup.

"Thanks Chris." she giggled.

"Come eat wit me." I said, sitting at the dining room table.

"Okay I'ma go get Melody though." she said going upstairs.

I poured us some orange juice and sat back down. I started to eat and Maaliyah eventually came back with the baby.

"What's today's date?" she asked taking a bite of her pancakes.

"The 17th, why?"

"I have to take her to get shots on the 19th, that's on Saturday right?"

"Yeah. You need help or something?" I asked.

She just shook her head and laid Melody across her lap. I sighed. "I'ma give y'all a ride."

She laid Melody on the couch then jumped in my lap, giving me a tight hug while straddling me. "Thank you, this mean a lot to me Chris."

"You welcome." I chuckled.

She kissed my cheek and held onto me tightly. I felt her chest go up and down and I realized she was crying. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm 19, Chris. This shit gets overwhelming sometimes." she mumbled.

I sighed and rubbed her back. "I know it.. I'm sorry you ain't got no help."

She sat up and wiped her face. I sat there staring at her, she just sat there in my lap staring back. "What?" I asked.

She looked down, I lifted her chin to look at me and I smiled. Before I knew it, I brought her face to mine and we were in the middle of a deep kiss. I lifted her up and sat her on the counter, still kissing her. I lifted her shirt off and grabbed her waist. She pulled back and I started kissing on her neck.

She was about to unbuckle my belt but I stopped her. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Melody here, we not doing this."

She nodded. "Alright."

I lifted her off the counter and she smiled at me. I kissed her forehead and she looked up at me with baby eyes. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing." she said looking away.

"Are you ready to go or do you want to wait?"

She shrugged. "I guess so."

I nodded and went upstairs. I changed clothes and put on my coat. Maaliyah put on her jacket, then put her other one over Melody.

I walked in the closet and pulled out one of my old coats that ain't fit no more. I handed it to Maaliyah, she smiled and kissed me.

We went downstairs to the car. "I forgot my phone, I'll be back." I said, she nodded and put Melody in the back seat.

I retrieved it and when I came back Maaliyah was on the phone. "Hey big sis... Yeah we're okay now, I'm at one of my friend's house.... I can't tell you who... We'll talk about that later... He took good care of both of us.. Yes it's a male... No he didn't try anything... Don't worry about that, damn... I only got like $4 left, I'll try to get me some food... Whatever, I'll ask him to drop us off at your house, bye." she hung up and sighed.

"You good?" I asked.

"Yes." she smiled at me but I could tell she ain't mean it.

"I'm stopping to get you food." I said getting on the highway.

"You don't have to." she insisted.

"Zaxby's or McDonald's?" I asked.

"Zaxby's please?"

"Alright." I said.

I got her food and she directed me to her sister's house. When she got out I wrapped my arms around her. "You gonna call me right?"

"Yes Chris." she said.

I kissed her and hugged her one more time before kissing Melody. "Bye baby girl." I said, she grabbed my nose and Maaliyah laughed.

"Take care of yourself." I kissed her cheek and handed her $100.

"I don't need this, Chris."

"Just make sure you take care of yourself and Melody, I'ma come see y'all okay?" I said. She nodded and kissed me before walking in the house.