Chapter 12: Back Into Action

A/N: If I manage to actually keep up a good update schedule, these should be the movies I add into this story next (for now):

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age Of Ultron
Captain America: Civil War
Black Widow
(most likely Infinity War and so on)

But, uh... yeah. Enjoy I guess, haha.

3rd Person POV

Raven laid across the sofa, a book in her hands and covering her face as she relaxed for the day. A cup of coffee rested on the table next to her, steam emanating from the liquid.

"Raven, how many times do I have to tell you not to lay across there? It's a couch not a bed." (Y/N) growled as he walked down the stairs.

"God. Two years and you still haven't been dragged back to the Avengers so I don't have to hear you whine." Raven pouted as he leaned over the couch to look down at her.

"What do you mean?! It's my house!" He exclaimed, making her jump slightly.

"Yeah, yeah. Well you owe it to me after what you did last year." She muttered and sat up so she could drink her coffee, placing her book down on the table.

"What do you mean?" He squinted, vaulting over the back of the couch and sitting beside her. After taking a sip she returned the cup to its spot before facing her best friend.

"When you swindled that girl's name out of me. You remember? Daniel's ex. The one you killed?" She glared at him.

"Oh, yeah." He paused to reminisce.

"Who the hell are you?" The woman crawled back through the empty nighttime streets. Streetlights flickered above, sometimes stopping for up to even five seconds before lighting up again.

"We've met before. I'm sure you remember me. I saved your life." (Y/N) stood above her. He crouched down as she backed up against a wall, terrified by the sudden appearance of such a dark figure.

"You... you killed- you killed Daniel." She said quietly as she remembered the man. Before she could say anything more, his hand lightly gripped her neck, pulling her face closer to him.

"I did. I don't regret it, either." He exhaled, holding her eyes so they were level with his. "Emma, look into my eyes." He ordered. In a moment of panic, the woman did just that. The once colourful E/C of (Y/N)'s irises turned a thick black, sinking into Emma's soul like a knife through flesh.

Slowly lifting his other hand up to her jaw, the woman whispered incoherent pleas to be allowed to live. Then it was over...

In one quick motion, (Y/N) snapped her neck and finished what he had started only a year prior. He moved his hand down and scratched his nails across the concrete, raising it back up as a black rose manifested. He placed it down on her lap before standing up and disappearing into the night.

Would anyone know it was him? Probably. Would anyone be able to stop him? No.

"Okay, in my defence-" (Y/N) raised his hands in preparation to defend himself, but Raven was having none of it.

"No! There's no way to defend that. I'm sick of your John Kramer-esque excuses. Sure, you helped save the world. That doesn't mean you can just go around killing whoever you want." Raven rose to her feet, holding her book at her side.