Chapter 24: Strucker

2nd Person POV

You grabbed the Hydra soldier in front of you and tossed him through a set of doors, throwing a dagger straight through his chest to add insult to injury.

Steve peeked at the body from behind you with clear dislike for the kill. That was the one thing that set the two of you apart.

"Cmon, man. Quit the gawking." You rolled your eyes and walked through the doors, before turning to see none other than Strucker come to a skidding halt.

"What a nice surprise. Just the man we were looking for." You stepped to his left side as Steve stood on his right.

"Really? I'm flattered." Strucker joked, sliding between the two of you and turning around with a smug expression.

"Where's Loki's sceptre?" Steve asked. Straight to the point. Total Cap move. You hated it and thought he should lighten up, be a tad bit like you. God, no. What a horrible thought of multiple versions of yourself.

"Don't worry. I know when I'm beat." Strucker sighed. What a coincidence, because you knew he was, too. "You'll mention how I cooperated, I hope."

"I'm gonna tell them you tried to run and shot me. But because I heal, they won't know." You spread your arms as you now wore the smug expression. How the turntables, you German Frankenstein bitch.

"We can put it right under the illegal human experimentation." Steve nodded towards him. If that bastard didn't wipe the smirk off his face, you were going to do it for him. "How many are there."

In an instant, Steve flew down the stairs because of some attack, but you didn't move your gaze from Strucker. Instead you extended your hand out to your right, grabbing the assailant by the neck before twisting your head to face them.

It was a brunette woman, probably the same age as the other enhanced. You lifted her from the floor, walking towards the wall and slamming her back against it.

"Bad move, lyubov'." You tilted your head as she clawed and scratched at your arm. Under normal circumstances, this would've warranted a quick neck snap. But you had kind of agreed to lay back on that a bit, so you loosened your grip so she could breathe.

That proved to be a pretty terrible mistake as she lifted a hand and suddenly you slipped back away from her by a few inches. A red glow encumbered your body, making you raise an eyebrow

"Okay, look. You wanna talk about thi-" You could barely even finish your sentence before a gust of red energy hit you back into the opposite wall. The woman's eyes glowed red for a few seconds as she twisted her hand and sent your head back into the stone bricks at a harsh speed, making you instantly drop to the floor.

"(Y/N)!" Steve exclaimed, running back up the stairs as the woman then disappeared through the same doors you had both arrived through. You grumbled on the floor, patting your pockets to check for an ibuprofen.

"I hate this job." You muttered, rolling onto your back as a slow trickle of blood spread down across your left eye from your head.

"We have a second Enhanced. Female. Do not engage." Steve ordered, crouching down beside you.

"A good call, Capt-" Strucker was cut off as you projected an illusion of yourself in his way. The copy grabbed his face in one hand, causing him to drop to the floor unconscious.