Chapter 107: Negotiation

John stared up at the doorway as Bucky stood blocking it. The latter was thinking to himself, but as John began to walk up and down erratically, he was brought back to the surface.

"Uh-uh. No, no, no. This is a bad idea." Walker began muttering as his doubts grew and grew. Every looked at him as he continued to ramble.

"It hasn't even been teen minutes yet, Walker. Sit your ass down." (Y/N) told him, leaning against the wall with a leg up and his eyes shut.

"Don't do that. Don't patronise me." John immediately shot back.

"I'm not patronising you, I'm just reminding you that you're being a man baby. Stop whining." (Y/N) huffed.

"He knows what he's doing." Bucky added. John stopped his pacing to stare at the clock on the wall. After a short mental debate, he turned around and began walking towards the door.

"I'm goin' in." He stated. Bucky immediately stood up fully, stopping Walker from passing. He tapped the man's chest and pushed him back.

"Give him time." He warned.

"This is all really easy for you, isn't it?" John tilted his head. "All that serum runnin' through your veins."

"Oh, I hear another tantrum on its way." (Y/N) put a hand to his ear to emphasise his joke. Walker turned to him next.

"Your supernatural abilities. Your partner needs backup in there and his blood will be on your hands. Are you sure you want that?" John squinted at him. (Y/N) stopped for just a second to think about what might be happening back there.

"Like I said. It hasn't been ten minutes. Sit. Down." (Y/N) said each word threateningly. Walker instinctively backed down a little. (Y/N) then turned to Bucky. "Watch this clown, please." He disappeared in a shimmer of darkness so he could make sure Sam was okay.

"This guy I know, who knows more about super soldiers than anyone else on the planet... he says... you're a supremacist." Sam continued his conversation with Karli, sitting down next to her.

"Me? That's ridiculous. Everything I do is to end supremacy. These corporations and the beasts who run them, they're the supremacists." Karli said, bewildered by the accusation.

"So, let me ask you. You have more serum, right?" Sam began.

"So?" Karli furrowed her brows.

"Are you going to increase your army? You're killin' innocent people." Sam kept his voice calm and honest. He wanted to speak to her on an adult level while also helping her see the issue with her doings.

"They're not innocent. They're roadblocks in my journey and I'd kill them again if I had to." Karli stated.

"Wow." Sam creaked out, making the girl look at him in concern for her own words.

"No, no. I didn't mean it like that. You tricked me into sounding like..." Karli trailed off.

"Like what?" Sam pushed. Karli sighed, wiping at her face with her sleeve.

"The people I'm fightin' are trying to take your home, Sam. Why are you here instead of stopping them?" She questioned.

"You know, my sister's waiting for that exact same answer." Sam recalled. He locked eyes with Karli. "I'm not your enemy. I agree with your fight. I just can't get with the way you're fightin' it."

"And I'm sure she wouldn't either." He motioned to Donya's casket. It felt like he was actually getting somewhere. Until...

"Karli Morgenthau, you're under arrest." Walker stormed into the room. Sam's eyes widened as he heard the voice and Karli's head clicked towards him.