Chapter 112: We'll Meet Again

"Sam, that copter is already in the air." (Y/N) spun in the air, copying Sam's wings onto his back and gliding through the cold night air. The chopper was flying off in the opposite direction and Sam flew up just behind him.

"Thanks, I didn't notice." Sam said sarcastically. Using his thrusters he went on ahead, chasing after the vehicle. When the pilot saw them coming, he immediately shunted the chopper further forward.

The vehicle took a dive down towards the river, pulling up just in time to hover safely across the water. Sam's wings clipped the liquid as he followed.

(Y/N) appeared ahead of the helicopter, feeling a lot swifter with his moves while out in the darkness. Claws burst down from his nails and he jutted them into the side of the chopper, grappling onto it after ripping a few tears into the metal.

The hostages in the back stared in a mix of fear and relief as (Y/N) debated how things could go.

"What's our plan? If you can take out the pilot, I can get the hostages." He glanced back at the light glow of Sam's thruster as he watched from just behind.

Suddenly a spray of bullets forced (Y/N) to slide further back. His eyes widened as he ducked under the swing of the blades above him.

"How are you gonna do that?" Sam questioned, flying up alongside the chopper and spinning so that the incoming shots would hit his wings rather than him.

"We'll figure that out when we get to it." (Y/N) responded. His eyes rolled side to side as a second set of helicopter blades sounded out. In the distance was a second chopper moving towards them, Flagsmashers in both pilot seats.

"You wanna get that or me?" Sam eyed the incoming enemies.

"I'm sure they'll be fine if they fall into the water. Right?" (Y/N) pounced off of the first chopper. A long curved blade burst down his arm as he flew onwards. The next pilot swerved to the side, trying to loop around him.

"Yeah. I'm sure that's fine." He mumbled to himself. In one swing, he took out the tail of the vehicle, sending it into an uncontrolled descent. Taking a sharp turn, he headed straight back towards the other chopper and aimed for the back door.

"You ready for this?" He questioned, seeing Sam looping around the opposite side towards the pilot.

"We need to time this perfectly." Sam replied. He took the shield from his back lining it up with the right pilot door.

"Let's go." (Y/N) spun in the air. Sam tossed his weapon into the door, shattering it off its hinges. The shield returned to his hand in time for him to tackle the pilot out of the chopper.

In time with that, (Y/N) cut through the back door. There were only three hostages that could be seen and each one he caught with a black rope around their waist. He jetted out the opposite side of the vehicle and glided along the air towards the nearby streets.

"Oh, my god." One of the women exclaimed as she saw how far the ground was from them.

"Uh, buh. You said the lord's name in vain. Twenty push ups." (Y/N) joked before diving downwards. He came to a complete stop in the air before severing the ropes and allowing them to fall to the ground safely.

He landed down between them as groups of onlookers and cops came to check on everyone.

"How we doing?" (Y/N) looked them over. There was a wince from one of the men and he walked over to him. The man was holding his arm as it bled; a rip in his coat. He must've gotten clipped by a piece of metal.

"C'mere." (Y/N) motioned to the man. He stepped closer and outstretched his arm. (Y/N) lightly grabbed his wrist, tearing away the rest of his sleeve so he could take a look at the injury. It was a fairly big cut about two inches wide, reaching all the way up his forearm.