Chapter 121: Eleanor

A/N: Well, maybe hell froze over. I've been writing a little bit more of this in my free time lately. Hehe. I don't know if I can promise that I'll keep my executive function together or my free time long enough to finally give this place the ending it deserves, but I thought I might as well give yall what I've already done so far. Expect a couple more coming your way.

"All right, partners, let's get into. You guys pick up on any tension between Maya and the hot guy, or was it just me?" Kate asked, walking the dog ahead while the two Avengers lingered a pace back. Central Park was busy at this time of day, but luckily nobody seemed to recognise them.

"He's called Kazi." (Y/N) quickly clarified, giving the woman a bemused expression at hearing her say 'hot guy'. He was average at least. Only looked a little like Kit Harington.

"These Tracksuit guys. I take it they're into some pretty bad stuff?" Kate changed the subject, slowing down slightly so she could walk alongside the two.

"Yep." Clint answered.

"It's not them that are the problem as much as their boss is." (Y/N) added. Russian guys in tracksuits? Yeah, pretty tame and pretty easy to fight. Big dudes in fancy suits with a love for car doors? That was where he drew the line.

"What did Ronin do to get so mixed up with them?" She questioned.

"Ronin hit the supplier on the other side and then hit Tracksuit upper management." Clint told her, staring straight ahead. He really did a terrible job at hiding that he was the Ronin.

"Sounds dramatic."

"Do you think that the Tracksuits were after anything else at that auction? The fact that there might be stuff from the Avengers Compound floating around out there is unsettling." Now in the back of a cab, the conversation continued as Clint thought aloud.

"More fool you. I didn't keep much, if any equipment there." (Y/N) said in a smug tone. "Not that it really matters. Our stuff has always managed to slip from our hands. I'm more interested in this Jack and Armand stuff."

"Exactly. It makes sense. Jack was at the auction that night and he has everything to gain from Armand's death." Kate lightly tapped her hand against (Y/N)'s shoulder, glad to hear he agreed.

"Woah. Hands off, missy." He flicked her hand away with a small glare, making Kate shrink back with a sharp apology. "And while you're right about all that, we don't exactly have enough evidence to go off of."

They weren't able to just throw this guy in cuffs with only that information. It would be a poor effort.

"Which is why we're gonna sneak into my mom's penthouse." Kate said nonchalantly, smiling like nothing was wrong. A pair of shadowy shades manifested on (Y/N)'s face just so he could lower them for dramatic effect.

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah, nah, I think this is kinda breaking and entering." (Y/N) cringed as the elevator doors slid open to reveal the penthouse halls. The place looked fancy and damn expensive. It convinced the two men more and more that Kate was spoiled.

"Nobody's home?" Clint asked, waiting for her confirmation before he stepped out of the elevator. (Y/N) approached the stairs, glancing up the spiral with interest.

"This is a home? It seems like a mansion." He murmured, sliding a finger along the metal railing as he walked up a few of the steps.

"Yeah. My, uh, great, great, great, great grandfather built the building. I tried to swing from that very chandelier and broke my arm. So, uh, yeah, pretty impressive family." Kate pointed to the chandelier above them as she walked off into the next room, she didn't her coat.