Chapter 83: The Alliance

"Is this even gonna work? That stuff doesn't look stable." Felicia laid out across two chairs as those around her focused on more important things in the lab. Many scientists laid dead across the floors, blood seeping from their bodies and painting the floor beneath them red.

Erik pointed the tube of vibranium in his hand towards the woman with a judgemental stare. The device in front of him was prepared to print out another chunk of the substance into a human like form.

"It looks unstable because it hasn't been refined by the machinery yet. Be patient." He turned his attention back. The woman just hummed and lightly kicked her legs back and forth.

"This shouldn't take too long." Ultron stated, his data matrix floating as a hologram while he waited to be implanted into the robotic body. The machine began to slowly create a metallic body from the legs up on the table.

In the corner was Doctor Helen Cho. A thick metal cuff was wrapped around her wrists, binding them together as she was forced to sit and spectate the work going on.

"You're all insane. Just what are you getting out of this? Ultron tried to end the world once when he had a body." The woman glared daggers at the team. Erik just narrowed his eyes back at her while Felicia smirked out of amusement.

A metallic swish pierced the air and suddenly three metal prongs were pointed at Cho's head. Proxima stood tall without so much as a bother on her face.

"Be quiet, woman." She said in a monotone voice.

"Oh, please. Let her have her fun. You're so stuck up." Felicia moaned, tilting her head towards Midnight who didn't even bother looking back at her.

"I'm only doing what I've been tasked to do: watch over the doctor." Proxima responded, spinning her spear in hand before pressing it down on the floor

"God. You're just like Sable. Stuck up. No fun." Felicia pouted and huffed. The other woman tilted her head, now looking across at her.

"How are me and Silvija alike?" She questioned almost threateningly.

"Silvija? Such a complicated name, honestly." Felicia shook her head, sitting up. Proxima just tutted her tongue and went back to silence. "I do find it funny how she had to sit this one out. Doesn't it unnerve you that it's just her and your 'husband' alone now?"

Felicia's jabs didn't get a rise out of her again. Proxima just stayed quiet and fell into her own thoughts as a distraction. It had been quite unsettling to be suddenly dropped into what she could only call an endless black abyss. Her captor explained it to be a shadow realm.

When she and Corvus returned to the real world, it was a shock to hear that not only did Thanos accomplish his mission, but he had been murdered. After that, it only took a heavy amount of intimidation and slight mental torture before the two fell into line and agreed to join forces with said murderer.

"Is Brock coming?" Erik randomly asked.

"I believe he's also with Glaive and Sable. Sitting this one out, too. Apparently a few deaths for the greater good isn't something that goes down well with him." Ultron answered. Erik just hummed in acknowledgment as he twisted a few levers on the machine in front of him.

"I don't get it. Why do we recruit people with such morals yet that mercenary who was going to aid us was slaughtered." Proxima raised her eyebrow.

"What are you talking about?" Erik asked carefully. Being new to everything, he had no clue what she was talking about.

"Anthony Masters. Photographic reflexes, could copy his opponents moves with just a glance. He seemed pretty interesting." Felicia but emphasis on the last word, lightly biting her lip and earning a scoff from Proxima. Erik just tilted his head.