Chapter 103: Crayons

As the four fled the scene of Selby's murder, phone notifications went off all around them like a siren of impending doom.

"Ain't this just a son of a bitch." (Y/N) said, seeing everyone whipping out their phones. Their walk turned into a speed walk as they tried to play things off.

When the surrounding lights went out, that was the only warning before bullets started flying their way.

"Shit!" Sam exclaimed as they began sprinting.

"Let's go!" Bucky called out. Him and (Y/N) ran ahead while Sam followed loosely behind. Zemo slipped out from the gunfire a different route.

"I can't run in these heels!" Sam cried out.

"Would you like a piggyback instead?" (Y/N) shouted back jokingly. Bikers came down the alleys in pursuit, leading them into a corner of Madripoor. (Y/N) manifested a pistol in his hand, reeling around and aiming at one of the approaching vehicles.

Before he could fire a shot, a sniper shot pierced through the driver's chest and he tumbled to the ground. The other biker also caught a shot in the ribs.

The three glanced up at the windows of nearby buildings in search of their saviour. And Zemo slowly approached them again, a handgun in his grip.

"You seem to have a guardian angel." He noted.

"I'm flattered." (Y/N) dropped his weapon.

"Well, this is too perfect." A woman's voice echoed. It was one they hadn't heard in a while. Someone walked out towards them, gun trained on Zemo as they slung their hood back. "Drop it, Zemo."

"Sharon?" (Y/N) squinted at her.

"Long time no see." She whispered, but it was debatable who she was talking to as she kept her eyes locked on Zemo. "You cost me everything."

"Sharon, wait." Sam moved in front of Zemo. "Someone recreated the super soldier serum and Zemo had a lead."

"That explains why you guys are here. And Selby's dead." Sharon stared them down.

"So what are you doing here?" Bucky questioned.

"I stole Steve's shield, remember?" Sharon said with clear irritation. "I also took the wings for your ass," She motioned to Sam. "So that you could save his ass," She motioned to Bucky. "From his ass."

"That's a lotta ass." (Y/N) whistled loudly. Sharon gazed at him with a lack of resentment that she seemed to hold for the others.

"Someone seems happier than before." She stated.

"That's really up for debate." He said honestly. While certainly better than he was doing previously, he wouldn't say he was doing his best. "How've you been?"

"Oh, just fabulous. I'm on the run as a fugitive, I've lost everything, and I'm off the grid here." Sharon shrugged, clasping her hands down as her spite was clear.

"Hey, we were on the run, too." Sam reminded her.

"Was. Is. Big difference." Sharon corrected. "I don't speak to my family anymore. I can't. My own father doesn't know where I am."

"Listen. Sharon, we need your help." Bucky interjected, looking at her pleadingly. The woman just chuckled in response. "Please."

"This isn't over." Sharon said, a sharp inhale coming from her. She motioned for them to follow. "I have a place in High Town. You'll be safe there."

"'Oh, I'm so sad that I broke all those laws. But I live in a 5 billion dollar apartment'. What the fuck is this?" (Y/N) asked as he saw all the expensive items she had on display.