Chapter 58: Furious

3rd Person POV

Just as expected, the helicopter ran out of fuel before reaching St. Petersburg. The vehicle descended down as the propellor cut out, hitting the ground with a jolt. On impact the door was crippled as the sliding mechanism jammed.

It didn't really matter though. The entire frame slowly began to creak before being torn away and kicked out from the chopper. (Y/N) jumped out first, clicking his wrists as he looked around.

"Great call." He rolled his eyes. Natasha and Yelena climbed out behind him, followed by Alexei.

Natasha crouched down, scanning around as she tried to figure out where they were supposed to go now. Yelena just stared off into the distance, furious about the situation that Alexei just got them into.

"You should've brought the Avengers' superjet." The man mumbled. Natasha was seething as she stood back up and began walking, accompanied by Yelena at her side.

"I swear if I hear one more word from him, I will kick his face." Yelena growled. (Y/N) moved to walk along with them, exhaling through his nose in a show of frustration.

"Natasha." Alexei called out but the three kept walking. But the man just chased after them. "Natasha. Natasha. Come here I want to ask you something. Come, it's important."

Natasha groaned and looking over her shoulder while the other two kept walking. Alexei moved to her side, walking with her. "What?"

"Did he talk to you about me?" He asked. Natasha remained quiet as she tried to understand what he meant.

"What?" She repeated, turning to him.

"Did he talk to you about me? You know, trading war stories?" He asked again. This wasn't ringing any bells at all.

"Who? What are you talking about?" She just stared at him in confusion.

"Captain America. My great adversary in this theatre of geopolitical conflict." Alexei specified, looking over at Yelena and (Y/N) as the two continued treading on in silence.

Natasha immediately came to a stop as she heard the selfish question for what it was. "You haven't seen either one of us in 20 years and you're gonna ask me about you?"

Yelena stopped and turned around as she heard herself referenced, which in turn made (Y/N) stop and glance back. Alexei wandered to the side of the trail they were on, hands in his pockets.

"What is with this tension? Did I do something wrong?" He asked as if somehow he hadn't.

"That's a joke, right?" Yelena pinched the bridge of her nose from the stress. (Y/N) rested an arm on her shoulder, tilting his head as he looked at the Red Guardian. A lot of those seemed like family trouble he had no role in in. But if Alexei was gonna be that ignorant to his own actions.

"I only ever loved you girls. I did my best to make sure you would succeed to achieve your fullest potential, and everything worked out." Alexei stated, looking between the two ladies.

"Everything worked out?" Natasha asked.

"Yes. For you, yes. We accomplished our mission in Ohio." The man then faced Yelena and slowly stepped towards her. "Yelena, you went on to become the greatest child assassin the world has ever known." As he approached, his own heartbeat seemed to become a lot louder to his ears.

His eyes floated to (Y/N) since he was with the girl, and something about his aura made him uncomfortable. (Y/N) shooed the man the other direction with the arm on Yelena's shoulder.