Chapter 44: Arrested

2nd Person POV

You dove over an oncoming car as you found yourself in the middle of an underground highway. Bucky had been back peddling away from the panther looking guy and found his way down here, so you kind of had to follow.

Bucky had ran off along with the traffic with the other guy behind him, and Steve was chasing them both but was alongside you.

"Who the hell is that guy?" You asked, running down the road with Steve. The fact Steve was outrunning the vehicles was scary. You yourself had to spread your demon speed thin just to keep up.

"We're about to find out." Steve said. The faint sound of sirens began to grow louder. Soon you could see police cars approaching from behind you, calling for everyone to stand down.

As the vehicle made to overtake you and Steve to pursue Bucky, Steve did the unthinkable and dive bombed the windshield using his shield. Was this man mentally sane? Diving in front of a moving vehicle wasn't exactly the best of plans, even if it made the driver stop.

You jumped up onto the car as Steve rolled onto his feet and seemingly prepared to hijack it. The flashbacks of him 'borrowing' a car a couple years ago was flashing in your mind. You huffed and jumped forward from the vehicle, twisting in the air and manifesting your bike below you.

The wheels formed just in time to hit the road, allowing you to take off ahead as Steve kicked through the windshield from behind you and followed.

You weaved between the cars ahead, hopping the motorcycle up and over a small gap that would've cut you off. The other man who was chasing Bucky was about to be overtaken by you, and only now did your curiosity peak. Steve and Bucky were super soldiers... so how the hell was this guy as quick as them? Was it the suit?

You didn't have much time to dwell on that as the guy lunged up onto the car ahead of him and pounced towards you. You literally just ducked and kicked him away with your left foot, which for the record took a whole sum of body contortion.

The man ricocheted away from you, hitting the ground and rolling a few feet as you continued forward. Just as you were gaining on Bucky, a roadblock of cop cars came into your vision.

Bucky sidestepped into the other lane and kept running. You instead just kept driving towards them. A few of the drivers flinched, clearly expecting you to just crash into them. Instead you burst into smoke, gliding over and around them before manifesting in the other lane and continuing after Bucky.

"Hey! Get your ass on here." You offered your hand to him as you drove beside him. He looked up at you in surprise before grabbing your hand and allowing you to pull him up to sit behind you on the bike.

"Where the hell did you come from?" He asked between breaths. You paused your answer as you were forced to swerve back into the original lane since there was oncoming traffic.

"I'm your guardian angel for the time being." You replied, scooting around a corner and turning the escape run into a nice evening drive as you relaxed. The two of you were blazing it down the road, going in and out of the light as the openings in the ceiling passed.

You peered over your shoulder for a second, looking at the approaching cop car. Before you could scoff at their determination, you realising it was Steve in the driver's seat. In the distance behind him you could see Sam flying above the cars. To say he was in such a constricting environment, he was flying pretty smoothly.

"We have a problem." Bucky announced, also looking back. You followed his eyesight to see the same cat suit dude clinging onto the back of Steve's car.