Chapter 41: Watch Your Tongue

2nd Person POV

"Secretary Ross has a Congressional Medal of Honor... which is one more than you have." Rhodey pointed over at Sam, the two already on opposite sides of the Accords. Everyone had moved into the living area once Ross had left.

Steve was trying to read a book while he gathered his thoughts, while everyone else was just sat quietly. Well, excluding you, Sam and Rhodey.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that the knock-off Walmart Iron Man knew the answer to everything." You remarked. You were sat on the couch with Natasha beside you and Eddie at the other end.

"Clearly I know more than you since I know Ross is someone to be respected." Rhodey responded, leaning against one of the chairs to look over at you. His arguments were so idiotic. It was like he was always feeding from the government's palm.

"Of course, you do. It's not like you're sucking up to the government even when they make a poor choice. No, I'm sorry, but clearly you know nothing." You said, chuckling at his hypocrisy.

"I just don't spend my life trying to go against the law like you do. I'm sorry that I'm smarter than you." Rhodey replied. For someone claiming to be bright, he was making pretty stupid statements.

"What is seven times eight?" You pointed a hand out at Rhodey as he just shook his head. When all else failed, hit them with the maths equation.

"117 countries want to sign this-" Rhodey tried to continue.

"What is seven times eight?" You repeated, making him roll his eyes and step away. He looked off into the corner of the room for a second, wiping a hand down his face. You'd call that a victory. You got in a reference and you got him to fuck off.

"I have an equation." Vision announced. Everyone turned their attention towards him. This was probably going to be a more toned down version of what Ultron would probably say.

"In the eight years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron Man... the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially. During the same period, the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate rate."

"Are you saying it's our fault?" Steve asked, holding the next page of his book between two fingers.

"I'm saying there may be a causality. Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict... breeds catastrophe. Oversight... Oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand." Vision explained. You just squinted at him, trying to decipher what the hell he just said.

"Boom." Rhodey said, looking between you and Sam. There was no way in hell he had understood that. It was like a full minute of fancy words. Natasha looked over at Tony who was sat with a hand over his face. Her moving made you turn and look over, too.

"Tony." She said, making him look at her. "You are being uncharacteristically non-hyperverbal." Natasha said with a curious smile on her face.

"I assume he's already made up his mind." You said, leaning over Nat's shoulder. She flinched to the side so you weren't in her face. "And if it's the same as Iron Boy's choice," You pointed at Rhodey who narrowed his eyes. "Then I'm gonna be livid."

"Boy, did you read my mind or do you really know me that well?" Tony groaned as he got up to his feet. "I'm actually nursing an electromagnetic headache." He said as he walked towards the kitchen which was just nearby.

"That's what's going on, Mr. Salvatore. It's just pain." Tony joked as he grabbed a mug. You couldn't help but scoff at the name, but you could hear Natasha quietly chuckle at it.