Chapter 101: Baron

"This has got to be the stupidest idea I've ever heard." (Y/N) exclaimed. Him, Sam and Bucky strolled down the corridor of a convict holding site in Berlin.

"What's so stupid about it?" Bucky asked.

"We're going to Zemo for help. This is the guy who brought the Avengers tumbling down the first time." (Y/N) narrowed his eyes.

"Super soldiers go against everything he believes in. He'll help us." Bucky reasoned.

"Oh, and you're not also a super soldier? Why would he help us?" (Y/N) furrowed his brows.

"He will. Trust me." Bucky reassured. The other two were still very doubtful. "He might be crazy, but he's not unreasonable."

"Now, that's debatable." Sam said, exhaling and pinching the bridge of his nose. "Are you forgetting that he blew up the UN and killed King T'Chaka? He literally framed you for it."

"Listen. I know what I'm doing. I got this." Bucky gave one last look their way before walking away so he could go talk to Zemo.

"He is fucking crazy." (Y/N) noted as he watched him leave.

"Yep." Sam nodded.

6 Hours Later...

"Okay, I have a plan." Bucky said. He had been thinking of a way to break Zemo out inconspicuously. Or more like easily. "The weakest point in any system isn't the software, the hardware, it's the meatware. The human element."

"I don't like where this is going." Sam muttered.

"In this lockup, it's nine to one, prisoners to guards. And if two prisoners start fighting, then the protocol says four guards have to respond." Bucky continued.

"And why would two prisoners start fighting at that moment. That's very random." (Y/N) said in curiosity. A very bad unknowingly look showed up on James' face.

"Who knows? There could be many reasons..." Bucky shrugged. "But the point is... lockdown procedures would have to be initiated if things escalated, and with all those bodies flying around left and right, it wouldn't be hard to slip down a hallway or two."

"And if the fire alarm got tripped while the prisoners were being separated, someone could use the chaos to their advantage." He finished with a smug expression.

"I don't like how casual you're talking about this. Should we be concerned?" (Y/N) stared at him with worry. Bucky didn't give much of a response until Sam clasped his hands down at his sides.

"And where are we, man?" The Falcon quizzed. Just then, a door opened nearby. The three turned as a shadow began approaching from behind a set of drapes, reeling back to reveal Zemo in some German security guard outfit.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Sam immediately began.

"Oh, now things are getting interesting." (Y/N) mumbled. Sam began to try run up on Zemo, but he was stopped by Bucky.

"Look, I didn't tell you because I knew you wouldn't let this happen. Just hold on." Bucky said quickly.

"What did you do?" Sam exclaimed.

"I believe he just broke out a fugitive from jail." (Y/N) chimed in.

"Exactly! You're going back to prison." Sam pointed at Zemo.

"If I may..." The latter tried to speak, only to be cut off as both Sam and Buck shouted at him. (Y/N) gave a small wave to Zemo like a child, gaining the same in response.

"Hey. Knock it off." Sam glanced at (Y/N).

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm not allowed to be friendly?" (Y/N) huffed. He never had the biggest of problems with Zemo back during the Accords. His issues were always aimed at Tony and Ross.