Chapter 98: Super Soldiers

"So... what's the plan?" (Y/N) asked, stretching as he got off the boxes he had sat on. Sam and Bucky placed their communicators in, not giving a response. "Fantastic. I'll make a plan."

"I have a plan." Sam stated. He fumbled with the goggles in his hands. "Stick with me."

"You wanna share the plan?" Bucky asked loudly, the roar of wind near the open door was almost fading him out. Sam glanced over at the other man.

"Enjoy your ride, Buck." He said, not wanting him to join.

"No, you can't call me that." Bucky immediately shot at him.

"Why not? That's what Steve called you." Sam squinted.

"Steve knew me longer, and Steve had a plan." Bucky huffed.

"Come now, children. Calm yourselves." (Y/N) clicked his fingers a few times to get their attention. He walked over to the open door, stopping next to Torres.

Sam joined him there, looking over at Bucky once before jumping from the plane.

"Great." Bucky rolled his eyes.

"You want a ride?" (Y/N) offered.

"I'll be fine. Where are the chutes?" Bucky glanced around in search.

"Buck, that's a terrible idea. This isn't an optimal height for a parachute." (Y/N) looked down at the forest. Bucky strolled over, seeing the height for himself before tapping his metal arm against the wall nervously.

"Does your offer still stand?"

(Y/N) sank out of the shadows with Bucky at his side. Their exit was inside an abandoned warehouse. Sam looked over at them with interest.

"I started to think you weren't coming." Sam nodded to (Y/N).

"How are things looking?" The latter asked, eyes running over the cold and barren room.

"They're in there." Sam motioned to the next room over. On his wrist was the camera feed of his redwing drone as it quietly scouted the area. "I don't see the guy, but I think they're smuggling weapons."

"There's only one way to find out." Bucky said, starting to walk. "I see a clear path. I say we take it."

Sam quickly put a hand in his way to stop him. "We're not assassins."

"Depends how you look at things." (Y/N) groaned, rolling his shoulder as he skulked towards the direction Sam had pointed them in. Bucky looked at Sam one more time before following (Y/N).

"Hey, come on, guys. I was kidding."

Bucky snuck through the halls of the warehouse, heading towards the commotion while (Y/N) crawled along the ceiling above him.

"That is creepy, you know that?" Sam's voice rang in their ears. He was talking about (Y/N) rather than Bucky.

"Yeah, that's kind of my thing. If I looked like Rainbow Dash, I wouldn't be very intimidating." (Y/N) responded. Him and Bucky reached the next room, spotting two of the Flag Smashers as they lifted crates out to a van.

"Any time you'd like to join us Sam." Bucky joked. But as his eyes floated to the side, he almost jumped when he saw Sam already next to him. The two stared for a few seconds.

"Hello. How are you?" Bucky said sarcastically.

"Not bad. What did I miss?" Sam copied his tone of voice.

"Not much. We've been having a grand old time." (Y/N) added, silently dropping down beside them. "Now, let's move."

"No, wait." Sam paused him. He raised his arms in a shrug and looked at Sam in confusion.