Chapter 110: Hit Me With Knowledge

"The GRC is conducting raids to try and find Karli, but so far they've only found her followers. They've searched this camp, and just like the last camp, nothing." Sam rested a hand on the shield they had reclaimed. His eyes sat on Bucky and (Y/N) who were both brandishing coats in preparation for leaving.

Torres entered the room. "Hey, guys. Buck, long time no see." The overly friendly advances and nickname made Bucky stand and get moving. He wandered over to the doorway without a word.

"You off to go nab Zemo? Gotta tell you, I was enjoying his company." (Y/N) admitted. Zemo really wasn't as bad of a guy as everyone said. He was just a dude with a bad run of luck who held one hell of a grudge.

Bucky turned around and glanced back, but then continued walking as if nothing had happened. The silent response told them that he was indeed going to do that.

"All right, good to see you, man." Torres called out, his voice echoing through the room as Bucky disappeared into the distance.

"He's not much of a talker." (Y/N) told him, grabbing the water bottle at his side and sipping the drink.

"Out of everyone, I always took you for the silent one." Torres pointed at him with one hand as he patrolled around in a circle. Must've been the silent and dark, Emo clothing that gave it away. On the bright side, he was wearing much more casual and lighter clothes for a change.

"Sorry to disappoint. I'm quite the chatterbox." He said jokingly.

"Hell, even I could've told you that one." Sam chimed in, earning an offended scoff from (Y/N). "What's our next steps, anyway?"

"Captain America killing a foreign national in public, it's kinda like a big deal. Like international incident big. Folks, uh, higher up on the payroll are all over it now. So, unfortunately..." Torres swept his hands through the air as he spoke.

"They're taking jurisdiction?" (Y/N) finished the sentence with a raised eyebrow. Torres nodded. The man's eyes fell upon the shattered Falcon wings that laid in a bag on the floor.

"The hell happened to these things?" He questioned, lifting the bag onto a nearby table and inspecting.

"The bird costume done got fucked up." (Y/N) said in a very over enthusiastic voice. Sam glared at him for calling it a 'bird costume'. "Is there anything we can do from here?"

"Not really. They've cordoned off the whole camp, and Karli's a ghost. After what went down, she is laying extra low. Like, under-underground." Torres stated as he sifted through the broken mechanics.

"Doesn't that mean there's even more reason for us to get involved? The longer we let her regroup, the harder it's gonna be to find her." Sam thought, running his curiosity past Torres.

"She's got people helping her from all over the world, on all platforms." Torres began.

"All platforms? Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, PC- God, she's got some talent to bring those bunch together." (Y/N) chimed in, leaning back against the table behind him and ignoring the stares he was being given.

"Not quite." Torres said as if he was being serious. "Anyway, all we can do now is sit tight and just chill. Sometimes, there's nothing to do until there's something to do."

"That's bizarrely wise." Sam hummed.

"Well, I'm a bizarrely wise man, Sam." Torres chuckled. Sam reached down and picked up his shield, strapping it around his arm and nodding to the man.

"Thanks, Torres." He said before walking off. (Y/N) looked side to side with a confused hum before standing up and following.

"Oh, we're leaving now?" He stretched his leg as he walked.