Chapter 34: Floating City

2nd Person POV

"This place is gonna take a while to be fully evacuated." You walked beside Clint, ushering civilians out of Sokovia. Everyone was pretty split up as they did the same, but you and Wanda had an edge to the whole thing. You could both just control the people into leaving.

"Which means we have to pick up the pace. You able to mind control these people any quicker?" Clint glanced back at you while the two of you strolled through the streets. You tilted your wrist as more dark energy creeped out from your back and shoulders, your eyes dimming in colour for a moment as you reached out to more people.

"It's not mind control. It's compulsion. Compulsion which is quite literally mind control." You clarified. Clint shrugged his head in acceptance. There wasn't really much to do for now, so it opened the window of conversation.

"I'm curious. How come you were so... you know... mature with the kids back at the house?" Clint side eyed you in curiosity.

"I'm mature normally. I just let out my inner child since I never got to experience it for most my youth years." You explained the first part, knowing you weren't exactly immature. "As for the reason I'm nice to them. A child's sight and agenda is always carved out through their experiences when they're young."

Clint thought about that information for a couple minutes. It was a good way of looking at things. Clint helped up a man as they tripped while walking past him, patting him back along the way as the two of you came to a halt for a second.

"You sound like you'd be a good father, and that scares me." Clint said in a serious voice, making you chortle. Step one of becoming a parent was that you needed a lover. You didn't know if you could live with yourself if you cursed a woman into putting up with you for a lifetime.

"Yeah, well, I'm a man of talents." You shrugged. As the two of you were about to continue walking, a metal hand suddenly shot up from the ground, scaring the life out of you both.

"Jesus!" Clint exclaimed as the Ultron drone clawed its way to the surface. Before it could do anything, Clint put an arrow in its head. You turned to him with an impressed expression, but that immediately washed away as you watched many more drones making their way into the skies and streets.

"Are these robots or zombies?" You questioned and manifested a scythe in hand. About six or seven drones set their sights on the two of you.

"What's the game plan?" Clint asked as he shot down one of the drones and the rest began to raise their weapons.

"Survive." You responded with a sigh as the drones opened fire. You spun your scythe, capturing the bolts of energy in mid air before swiping your weapon up and redirecting the shots. Every bolt hit the drone that fired it, taking them all out in one motion.

Clint turned his attention to another group of drones that were flying towards you both from a distance, starting to fire arrows off towards them. Not all of them hit since the things actually dodged which was surprising.

"Surely Ultron isn't just planning to bombard us with these things. He has to be sitting on his real plan." You stated, throwing the scythe towards the group Clint was fighting. You clenched your fist and the weapon morphed into multiple throwing knives which immediately tore the robots apart.

"Guess we have to hope Stark can figure that one out before these things overrun us." Clint remarked as the two of you watched more drones attacking the streets in the distance.

"I'm not worried about me or you. More about those damn Maximoff kids." You said with a huff. You weren't even sure how old the two were. They probably weren't even teens, so it was bold of you to call them kids.