Chapter 70: We're Alike

3rd Person POV

As minutes ticked by, the darkness of night faded away in place of dawn. The approaching beams of brightness acted as a wake up call for the birds throughout the forests as they chirped to life with their musical voices.

A few deer made their morning trip to the lake to drink, but some waited longer as their half of the beach was occupied by possible predators right now.

(Y/N) laid back across the grass, eyes closed as his chest raised and fell. It was one of the few times he had managed to fall asleep so easily. But the credit was probably Yelena's as she was the one laid next to him, head on his collar as she slept soundly as well. Somewhere down the line, the two had dozed off in each other's arms.

It took the reveal of the sun itself before anyone awoke. More specifically, a beam of light shining into (Y/N)'s face before he began to arise.

He mumbled incoherent words under his breath as he turned away from the light, but it still continued to shine into his face because of the position he was in. After a minute of trying to avoid the inevitable call of morning, (Y/N) opened his eyes and exhaled.

He looked to the side at Yelena, seeing her peaceful face resting there with a content expression. He gently pulled her arm away from him and placed it down on the grass, then supporting her head so she wouldn't fall as he tried to get up.

He used his powers and created a pillow below her, placing her head down on it and pausing to run a thumb down her cheek.

There was a faint rush and killed in the back of his mind. His usual warning of danger but reduced to symbolise the distance between him and the threat. It didn't take him long to assume what the threat was.

(Y/N) sighed, still looking down at Yelena. He reached to the back of his neck, finding the back of his necklace and unclipping it. He reached down and carefully looped it around Yelena's own neck, clicking it back together around her and placing a kiss on her lips.

"À la vie, à la mort." He whispered, making her shuffle slightly but stay slumbering.

He stood up and turned towards the forest, slowly stepping towards it as his clothes slowly morphed into a new design he had modified.

(Not my art and I take no credit for it)

He swept his hair to the side before trudging onwards, the desire to end things beginning to grow. If he had to kill Ross... So be it.

Frank looked down at the bloody bullet left in the grass. The tracker inside was barely noticeable, but it had lead him here. His enemy couldn't be far now.

Frank held his rifle in hands as he stepped through the open area. He watched the tree line in case of an ambush, intent on shooting anyone or anything that attacked him.