Chapter 49: Civil Standoff

3rd Person POV

Eddie burst through the glass to the terminal, Venom protecting his body as the two landed down beside the fleeing Sam and Bucky. He immediately knocked Bucky down to the ground before turning to Sam.

Sam was very outmatched, but he did have an idea. As the bonded Eddie and Venom reached out towards him, he spun around, igniting the thruster on his wings and burning the Venom into hiding.

"Oh, shit!" Venom exclaimed as he melded back into Eddie's skin. Eddie stood there in shock for a few seconds, realising he was exposed.

"Where are you going?" He asked almost silently.

"That is fire." Venom responded. By now, Bucky had gotten back up, moving forward to throw a punch towards Brock.

Eddie ducked the attack, him and Bucky switching places as they looked at each other. Sam was paused for a few seconds but he eventually started to circle Eddie along with Bucky.

"Where's your parasite now?" Bucky asked. Venom internally growled at the name.

"You shouldn't have said that." Eddie groaned as Venom re-emerged. He immediately took hold of Bucky's metal arm, spinning and throwing him into the air. Sam flew up and caught him, but was forced to cut his flight and fall to the ground to avoid a piece of the terminal that Venom had thrown at him.

He dropped Bucky down onto the floor and the two groaned before slowly getting back up. Venom rushed towards them, making Sam jump to his feet, swiping his wing up and stunning the symbiote.

Bucky quickly got up, reeling back his metal arm and slamming it into Venom's chest, knocking him and Eddie back a few steps but not stopping them. Venom raised his hand and shot out what looked like black webbing as he tried to catch Sam.

The Falcon just flew up, swooping down and again using his thruster to burn Venom just enough to reveal Eddie's body. After the trial and error, Bucky sprang forth, again throwing a punch, this time hitting Eddie in the face and effectively knocking him out.

Apparently that somehow knocked out Venom? Neither of the two knew how symbiosis worked, but Venom shrank back into Brock as he fell to the ground with a groan.

"Why'd it take you so long to do that?" Bucky looked across at Sam as he spoke about him burning Venom. Sam just stared back with a squint.

"What are you talking about? I did that at peak time. You're the one who was getting your ass kicked." He huffed.

"I hate you."

Wanda and Clint fled out of the parking deck, immediately being met by a small trailer being launched their way. Wanda knocked it away with her powers, but a web suddenly shot past the trailer, forcing Clint to shoot it mid air.

Peter landed down in a roll, his suit's eye pieces narrowing as he looked at the two.

"What the hell are you?" Clint questioned, grabbing another arrow.

"I'm Spider-Man." Peter responded with a twist of his arm. He had hoped his name would be more widespread.

"Are you even old enough to be here?" Clint squinted at him.

"I think." Peter responded as he shot a web up onto the parking deck and pulled himself into the air. Clint fired an arrow up at him, but he webbed it up and tossed it back down. Wanda pulled Clint aside and out of the way, leaving the arrow to pierce the ground.

Peter webbed Wanda's ankle just as he landed down behind the two. He pulled her legs out from beneath her, pulling her towards him. After a quick roll and jolt of surprise, Wanda gathered her bearings and grabbed Clint's arrow from the concrete, using it to cut the web.