Chapter 117: LARP

A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates. With Christmas, a family birthday and New Year's, I've not gotten around to writing much here. Plus I've been hopping between my DBD story and a different one I have in the works.

"This is the place?" (Y/N) stared ahead of him and Clint. What were the NYC Larpers? And second of all, why was his suit here?

"Hopefully." Clint responded as they took off towards what looked like a front desk. There was snow around and the temperatures were damn cold out here. They just wanted to get things done with and leave.

(Y/N) looked over at the many people around the place. They were all dawning weird, Skyrim looking clothes. Now he just had to find a Khajiit for that thought would be proven true. But what stood out to him was a man wearing the Ronin costume. He was holding a fake sword and challenging someone to a fight.

"Bingo." He nudged Clint. The latter looked over, nodding and starting to move in that direction. But they were stopped as a woman came over.

"Uh. Hey. There's no looky-loos." She stood in front of them. Because of her costume and looks, she seemed like a Viking.

"Uh, We aren't trying to cause any trouble here. I just need to speak to someone." Clint pointed at the man. The woman glanced back, but didn't change her mind.

"You can take that up with him when the LARP is over. The Live Action Role Play." She motioned to the area as she saw confused expressions.

"When's it over?" (Y/N) squinted.

"Midnight." She stated.

"You're kidding." His jaw hung open. Who the hell wanted to role play for that long? "Look, we need to talk to this guy now. It'll be quick. Promise."

"Look, I know who you guys are. But listen, most of those folks out there are firefighters and cops. And if you break the rules, it's gonna get real messy." The woman warned, clearly having no ill intentions. She just wanted them to know before they did something stupid.

"Okay, well what are the rules?" (Y/N) cracked, feeding into this damn thing if it meant they could get out of the cold quicker.

"Well... If you wanna join, you're gonna have to come up with an alias and sign up."

"Name?" The two stood at the check in. Clint was absolutely refusing to give any of his information, so (Y/N) was filling in.

"I think that's obvious." He mumbled, warning a shrug from the woman behind the desk.

"Email?" She asked next.

"Shadowkingerebus@gmail.com." (Y/N) held a hand over his face to try block out the long stare Clint was giving him. The man just completely forgot about why they were here to instead think about that address.

"That... works." The woman hummed. "Title? Organisation?"

"Look, I'll just..." (Y/N) offered his hand and the woman gave him the clipboard. He quickly filled out the important information before making it to the bottom.

"What's LARP NN mean?" He questioned.

"Live Action Role Play Nickname." The woman said with pride.

"Okay... so just Erebus?" (Y/N) tilted his head.

"No. It can't just be your hero nickname. It has to be something new. You're embodying a completely different person when you step into the role play." The woman quickly told him. He groaned loudly.

"Fine." He tightened his grip on the pen as he wrote on the line. "Eric Întuneric. The Shadow." He spoke aloud as he wrote the name. Might as well steal his father's name and alias as a surname.