Chapter 85: I Hate Myself

Warning: Self-Harm references further into this chapter. If that makes you uncomfortable, then feel free to skip this.

"Chow time!" Tony called out to the beat of his hands clapping. He wandered around the forest just outside his cabin, eyes wandering over the tent and tables that were set up nearby. "Maguna." He says down on one of the small chairs.

"Morgan H. Stark, you want some lunch?" He questioned. The tent was quickly reeled back to reveal a young girl with one of his suit's helmets on her head.

"Define 'lunch' or be disintegrated." She raised a fake repulsor up that was made of a glove and a light, making Tony raise his hand up.

"You should not be wearing that, okay? That is part of a special anniversary gift I'm making for Mom." Tony lightly kissed the side of the helmet, hugging the girl before lifting the mask from her.

Morgan's brown hair waved once the helmet was removed. Her puffy cheeks rose into a smile.

"There you go. You thinking about lunch?" He asked her, earning a small nod. "I can give you a handful of crickets on a bed of lettuce."

"No." Morgan whined.

"That's what you want." Tony smirked. He then looked down at the mask and lifted it up. "How did you find this?"

"Garage." The word was clearly more difficult for her to pronounce than others.

"Really? Were you looking for it?" He squinted at her.

"No. I found it, though." She played with her hair as she answered his question.

"You like going in the garage, huh? So does Daddy." Tony groaned as he picked the girl up, rising fully onto his feet with his daughter in his arms. "It's fine, actually. Mom never wears anything I buy her."

He began making his way back to the house while carrying the girl. When he reached the wooden steps, his eyes rotated towards a car that had pulled up. Steve, Natasha and... someone stepped out of the vehicle.

With a sigh, Stark walked up onto the cabin walkway, nodding a greeting towards Romanoff who returned the gesture. He then continued to walk inside, placing the girl down and telling her to go find her mom.

He came back out around five minutes later with some tea and cups. The other three had already sat down on the chairs stationed outside. Within just two minutes of listening to Scott's explanation, he had many doubts.

"We know what it sounds like." Scott said, leaning against the wooden railing.

"Tony, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible?" Steve said, almost being cut off as Tony began to speak.

"Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck scale, which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition. Can we agree on that?" Tony glanced between Steve and Scott. Steve seemed absolutely clueless to what he was talking about. "In layman's terms, it means you're not coming home."

"I did." Scott blurred out.

"No. You accidentally survived. It's a billion-to-one cosmic fluke. I'd suggest you buy a lottery ticket." Tony sighed, setting one of the cups down he had in his hand. "And now you wanna pull a... What do you call it?" He stared down Scott, making the man freeze up as he thought of an answer.

"A time heist?" He said almost unsure of himself.

"Yeah, a time heist. Of course. Why didn't we think of this before? Oh, because it's laughable. Because it's a pipe dream." Tony began a small rant as he found the idea nothing more than a comedy act.