Chapter 68: Thirsty & Vulnerable

A/N: There's some fairly detailed romance in this chapter. If that's not your thing, feel free to leap past it.

2nd Person POV

Yelena lead you towards the door to the outside, turning around so her back was facing it. The two of you locked eyes as you moved closer to her. Was this gonna be about what Wanda just pulled? Because that was in no way shape or form your fault.

"What's up?" You tilted your head at her. Yelena held one hand in another, looking up at you with nervous eyes.

"You're not leaving with us, are you?" She asked. You weren't. Earlier you had decided to stay the night and leave in the morning, but it made you silently depressed as you knew tonight was the last time you'd be seeing Yelena for a while.

"No... No, I have some things I still need to do here." You answered, the two of you pausing in awkwardness as words seemed to become a difficulty to craft.

"You know... I asked Natasha if I could come here with her as a break from freeing the widows. But in reality, she told me she was coming to visit you and I really wanted to see you." Yelena leant back against the door, blushing as she hated to admit her reasons. You weren't sure if you should be flustered or flattered, but both feelings were blooming.

"The minute I saw you at the bar was the minute I realised that night was going to be fun. Even if you decided to get wasted." You chuckled. Yelena looked even more embarrassed as she remembered the event, leading you to exhale and correct yourself.

"But I have a habit of overplaying my emotions. In reality I think it was fun to see you drunk. Cute to watch you make slurred demands and statements." You shrugged. Your actions could be related to that of a preschooler pulling a girl's hair because he likes her and doesn't know how to say it.

"Why do you always call me that?" She questioned, looking on curiously.

"Call you what?" You raised an eyebrow.

"'Cute.'" She said. It was the same reason your call a couch 'furniture.' That's what it was.

"Because you are." You said with a smirk. Yelena chortled at that, looking down at the floor as she didn't expect she would ever get so attached to someone. Just remembering she wasn't going to see you for ages was already weighing on her.

"I'm going to miss you." Her eyes darted up to meet yours. To say back in 2012 you were relatively heartless to everyone else around you... That really contrasted with the mutual feeling at the moment.

"You'll see me again. Just keep your phone on so I can hear from you." You said in a joking tone. The two of you smiled at one another, enjoying the moment even if it wouldn't last. Yelena eventually outstretched her arms, asking for a goodbye hug.

3rd Person POV

(Y/N) threw his arms around the back of her neck in what looked like a hug, but was more of a setup. As Yelena moved to reciprocate the cuddle, he pulled her against him, her surprised breath against his neck making him shiver slightly.

His eyes locked against her eyes, slowly trailing down to her cheeks and then her mouth. Throwing caution to the wind, he ran a thumb over her bottom lip. Even with the rush of shyness, Yelena could understand what he was about to do, and it genuinely made her chest flutter for a moment.

Yelena stared at his mouth as it was held open by a mere inch as his examination of her lead him into amazement. She could see the sharpness of his canines as the above light reflected in them. It was a starved expression. As if the sight of her had him hungry.