Chapter 55: Thoughts & Memories

3rd Person POV

The three heroes found their way into a store, searching for supplies as they thought of a plan. (Y/N) was still doing terrible as toxins ran through his blood. A fever had already fallen over him and sweat was forming along the contours of his face.

"Would a Tylenol help?" Yelena lifted a box of the medicine in her hand. The man just shook his head, leaning back against the wall.

"Are they even allowed to sell those outside of a pharmacy?" He questioned, earning a shrug from the woman.

"Well, what is there we can do? You're clearly not getting any better." Natasha cut in, pausing beside a shelf so she could look at her friend.

"Yeah, there is. It involves you killing some children as 'collateral damage". But you're experienced in that department, aren't you?" (Y/N) narrowed his eyes, still pissed off about the information he had learnt.

"How long are you gonna stay mad at me for that? We need to find and shut down the Red Room for good. We can't do that with you like this." Natasha said, referencing the poison's effects. (Y/N) scoffed and walked away from her, stepping into the next room where Yelena was.

"Just tell us already. If you die, it's not gonna be on me." Yelena glanced over at him. He paused, looking back at her with curiosity.

"Just what the hell is the connection between you two? You're just a more childish version of Natasha." (Y/N) tilted his head as he started to see the similarities.

"She's my sister." Yelena said nonchalantly, continuing to look at items on the shelves. (Y/N) just stood there for a moment as he processed her words.

"Sorry, I think I just misheard you. Could you repeat that?" He squinted, slowly turning to look over at Natasha who was scratching her head.

"Adopted." She clarified, strolling over to stand next to the two.

"Okay, that makes more sense." (Y/N) said, motioning his arm through the air. He then turned away from the women, slowly walking out past Natasha and towards the exit.

"Where's he going?" Yelena asked, peering around the corner and watching him leave.

"Your guess is as good as mine." Natasha sighed. The blonde hummed, leaning back into a stand.

"I like him. He's not stuck-up like you." Yelena stated. She could easily tell who was the most fun out of the Avengers. Natasha smirked, wandering around the floor and glancing around.

"Oh, you like him, do you?" Natasha teased as she examined a box of hair dye on one of the shelves. Yelena looked over her shoulder, catching Nat's eyes with her own.

"What are you talking about?" She asked innocently, but Natasha saw through her. She knew Yelena understood what she was getting at. Nat withheld a chortle, walking past the other girl.

"Hey." Yelena whined as she passed by. It was similar to a younger sibling complaining because of their older one, because technically she was.

Night had fallen, giving a sense of calm to those who were currently sat outdoors. Natasha returned to the table, placing a bottle of alcohol down in front of Yelena and a second one down across from her before seating herself.