Chapter 99: How'd You Do It?

A/N: Hello, all. I'd like to give a little shout out to everyone who stuck around with this story for so long. Even though this is chapter 99, it's actually part 100. Didn't think I'd get this far, haha.

But what a way to hit triple digits on my birthday, too. I started this back in April and it's interesting to see how far this book has gone.

So I just wanted to say thank you to everyone reading this right now! Enjoy!

"What's going on in that big cyborg brain of yours?" Sam asked as he noticed Bucky spaced out. The three walked along the road after the Flag Smasher incident.

"Sam, leave the man to his things." (Y/N) sighed.

"I'm just asking." Sam shrugged. Bucky rolled his eyes in response.

"We gotta figure out where the serum's coming from." He spoke.

"Sounds simple." (Y/N) said sarcastically. The sound of a car engine came up behind them. A vehicle drove past carrying John and Lemar, stopping a few meters ahead of them.

"So that didn't go as planned, huh?" John nodded to the three and kicked open the door. He no response as they just walked past. "Okay. Let's keep going." He told the driver, shutting the door again. "Look, at least we know what we're up against now, huh? And we're pretty sure it's one of the big three, so..."

"Fun fact: no. Go away." (Y/N) exhaled, stroking his hair to the side.

"They're super soldiers." Sam stated.

"Shit. Super soldiers, for real?" Lemar questioned, making Sam nod.

"Wow. All right, well, then we gotta work together." John reasoned.

"Haha. Fuck you." (Y/N) outright laughed in his face as if he told the joke of the century. John and Lemar looked at each other before back at the three.

"Look. I think we stand a much better chanc e of we all just-"

"Just 'cause you carry that shield, it doesn't mean you're Captain America." Bucky immediately told him.

"Look, I've done the work, okay?" John said.

"You ever jump on top of a grenade?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah. Actually, I have. Four times." John shot back.

"Ever lifted Mjolnir?" (Y/N) raised an eyebrow.

"What's that?" John flashed a confused expression.

"Point proven." (Y/N) huffed.

"Please. Just get in. It's 20 miles to the airport." John hit the side of the truck and the driver stopped again. The three stopped.

"Okay, so we've got eight super soldiers on a bulk supply run." John repeated the information. "Why?"

"I dunno. We didn't stop to ask." (Y/N) shrugged.

"Apparently they want to revert things back to the way it was during The Blip." Sam recalled what Torres had told him. "Maybe they're just trying to help."