Chapter 74: Space Ship

3rd Person POV

Peter dropped a full on taxi onto Cull, driving the warrior down into the dirt as Tony flew around him. (Y/N) spun a blade in his hand but flinched when a red blur shot past him and down the street.

"Guys, the wizard!" Tony called out as Obsidian caught him and flung him down. Both Peter and (Y/N) took off from their haunches, swinging and gliding above the roads as Ebony Maw cut ahead of them to chase Strange.

Peter was ahead by a few meters, meaning when Maw flung a street sign back behind him, it hit Peter and gave (Y/N) a wider window to dodge. Peter yelled before composing himself and webbing himself back to a wall, mumbling something under his breath as he followed again.

(Y/N) pounced forward and thrust his feet ahead of him, planting them in Maw's back and stunning him into a groan. The prior smirked as Maw growled in annoyance and tried to swat him away by throwing street lamps. (Y/N) just phased through the attacks before jabbing a black dagger into Maw's chest and bursting ahead of him to follow Strange.

"Whoops. Didn't see you there, buddy." (Y/N) called out behind him. He couldn't help but get a few digs in at the alien. To say he was in a happy mood wasn't really a lie. He'd been spending time with Yelena, he'd seen Bruce after so long, and now he got to kick off some energy by battling these foreign threats.

"Arrogant little-" Maw was cut off from his seething as Peter kicked him in the face and thwipped after (Y/N).

"Sorry, Squidward!" He shouted what sounded like a genuine apology. To say Maw was furious was an understatement.

(Y/N) narrowly dodged as a group of bricks burst out from a building and turned into spikes. The weapons blew past him and chased after Strange, managing to catch the Cloak of Levitation and pin it together. Because of the speed it had been travelling, Strange flew out from the apparel and began descending.

"Peter." (Y/N) called on the boy.

"On it." The Spider-Man stated, firing a web down and catching the sorcerer. The two then took off down the block with Strange. "That was easier than expected." (Y/N) looked at Peter with an absolutely horrified expression.

"Do not jinx i-" He tried to say but was cut off as another beam of light shot down around Strange, freezing him in the air and starting to pull him up towards the ring shaped ship. "Oh, for God's sake!"

Peter grappled himself to a traffic light with his other web shooter, yet he still struggled to pull Strange away from the light. (Y/N) glided down to Peter, grabbing his arm and helping to try pull the Sorcerer Supreme back. But by taking his attention and placing it on Strange, he didn't notice Maw as he pulled up the light from the concrete and allowed all three of the men to beam upwards.

"Tony, any time today." (Y/N) scowled at Maw who was smirking back at him. Him and Peter just continued ascending. This day was starting to turn astray...

Tony chased the spacecraft up into the stratosphere. Strange had already been captured inside, leaving (Y/N) and Peter to cling onto the outside workings.

"Peter." (Y/N) barely managed to hold his footing on the metal as the boy climbed higher and higher ahead of him. "Parker! Come here. I can phase us both inside."

His words definitely reached the boy, but it seemed they were falling on deaf ears as Peter focused more on trying to breathe than listening to him.

"Boys, how we doing?" Tony called to them through their comms.

"We're doing great. Just suffocating from the lack of oxygen." (Y/N) narrowed his eyes. What a stupid question to ask. "Help your little... spider-son or whatever your affiliation is. I'm gonna go find Strange." He stated, sinking inside the ship.