Chapter 88: Father. It's me

A/N: This will probably be the last update for a little while as I'm basically going on strike till later next week. I'm going on vacation until Wednesday, so updates will be a little slow until after that.
I hope everyone can understand and I'll try to get back to a normal routine after that. But, anyways. Enjoy.

"Time travel suit, not bad." Rhodey said, impressed by the suit that had been created. It was a mixture of Pym tech, Kree tech and Tony's Nano tech. Both Bruce and Nebula were working on getting the suit ready as Scott wore it.

"I like the look." (Y/N) chimed in. He was sat atop a metal table with his legs crossed as he watched.

Rhodey visibly furrowed his brows when he saw the calm yet somewhat cheery aura the man was giving off, but shook his head clear.

As Bruce began to place the some of the few Pym particles they had left into Scott's suit, the latter had a slight freak out as he noticed the somewhat careless hand that Banner had.

"Hey, hey, hey! Easy! Easy!" Scott exclaimed.

"I'm being very careful." Bruce stated.

"No, you're being very Hulky." Scott complained.

"I'm being careful." Bruce stuck to his word as Scott took the vial from his hand.

"These are Pym Particles, all right? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more." Scott shook the thing in his hand, his voice rising in tone.

"Scott, calm down." (Y/N) said quietly, tapping his fingers on his legs as he watched the scene unfold.

"Sorry." Scott quickly apologised. "We've got enough for one round-trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs." The man sighed. Bruce just smiled and turned around.

Scott then began to place the particles into the suit. Suddenly the suit fastened up as he unintentionally pressed the shrink button. With a yell he shrunk down, leaving everyone to stare before he grew again.

"One test run."

"You have gotta be kidding me." Rhodey mumbled, somehow not being heard by Scott.

"All right... I am... not ready for this." Scott took deep breaths, no longer wanting to be the one to take the test run.

"I can do it." (Y/N) said quickly. Everyone looked at him with mild curiosity, but he just shrugged. "If you're not prepared, I'm game." Bruce shrugged, too, not seeing any issue with that. But then (Y/N) paused as his left eye began to shift into a slit.

"No. No, I don't. I take it back." He quickly corrected himself with an obvious glare at them. Bruce just squinted in bemusement.

"You just..." Bruce began.

"I said no. Fuck off." (Y/N) growled at him just as Steve walked in.

"Hey." The man nodded his head, making (Y/N) turn to face him while Bruce raised his head. "Could you two come with me a second? It's important."

Bruce turned his head to Nebula, making the woman nod without him having to speak. (Y/N) huffed in irritation as he followed Steve out of the room with Bruce in tow.

"Why do you have so many labs?" (Y/N) shielded his face from the bright light above. Steve and Natasha leant against the cabinets of the second medical like laboratory as Bruce spun a small light in his hand.

"It's a medical bay, not a lab." Nat corrected.

"Say, have you had any memory problems lately?" Bruce asked, away from topic. He shone the light in front of (Y/N)'s eyes, making his pupils retract to spheres for a moment before going slim again.