Chapter 33: The Vision

3rd Person POV

"This framework is not compatible." Tony said as he examined what was coming up on his monitors.

"The genetic coding tower is at 97%." Bruce stated as he looked over the Cradle's information on a small screen. "You have got to upload that schematic in the next three minutes."

A well of silence fell over the two as they continued working on implanting Jarvis into the body. Though, not everyone was so onboard with that plan. A single loud footstep echoed through the room as Steve was the first to enter.

"I'm gonna say this once." Steve looked between the two men as (Y/N) and the twins stood behind him.

"How about 'none-ce'?" Tony replied.

"Shut it down." (Y/N) moved to stand at Steve's side as Tony shook his head.

"Nope, not happening." He said simply as he continued working.

"Oh, yes it is. If I have to shut it off myself, I'll be shutting off your organs alongside it." (Y/N) warned. He'd gotten to a point where he would gladly rip the billionaire to shreds.

"Go ahead. We're trying to save the world here." Tony paused to look over at the man. (Y/N) narrowed his eyes at the words.

"This is exactly where it all went wrong the first time. You don't know what you're doing." (Y/N) stated, thrusting an arm forward to emphasise. This is how Ultron came to be in the first place. They were just making a second one at this point.

"And you do?" Bruce caught his attention, making him look over at the scientist. He pointed to Wanda at the back. "She's not in your head?"

The woman slid out from behind Steve, raising a hand in defence. "I know you're angry."

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." Banner threatened, staring her down before (Y/N) took a single step closer to him.

"Try it and you'll have me to deal with. And we both know I can do much, much worse than the little Sokovian girl." (Y/N) said in a quiet but harsh voice, planting a single finger against Bruce's chest and making the other man slide away and further down the Cradle.

"After everything that's happened, Banner. You're taking his side?" Steve questioned, making Bruce look over at him with a stern expression.

"Rogers, that's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony whipped around to face Steve.

"You don't know what's in there." Wanda added. The entire room quickly descended into chaos of overlapping voices. Pietro who was the only quiet person began to roll his eyes, taking off in a blur around the room, detaching wires to the Cradle as everyone watched in surprise.

"No, no. Go on." He threw down one of the cables, stepping back over a piece of glass floor as the Cradle started to power down. "You were saying?"

A gunshot suddenly went off, causing the glass to shatter and sending Pietro into a descent down to the next floor. Wanda called out her brother's name but he didn't answer as Clint placed a foot on his leg.

"What? You didn't see that coming?" Clint remarked with a smirk.

"I'm rerouting the upload." Tony called out to Banner as he turned around. (Y/N) immediately shot a blade forward, impaling the monitor Tony was about to use and rendering it broken.

Tony then summoned one of his gauntlets to his hand, turning and firing a blast at the man who simply dodged and growled at him. Steve moved ahead of (Y/N) as Tony started calling the rest of his suit to him piece by piece.