Chapter 16: Zola

Y/N's POV

"Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" Natasha asked in a joking tone. I honestly didn't think he had it in him.

"I think he's been playing a lot of Grand Theft Auto in his free time." I added. I was sat in the middle back seat. There was a short argument between me and Natasha about who got the passenger seat. I somehow drew the short straw.

"You rebel." Nat looked at Steve with admiration.

"Nazi Germany. And I didn't steal it, I'm borrowing it." Steve corrected. He slowly looked to the dashboard where Nat's feet were put up. Uh, oh. Dad reflex incoming.

"Get your feet off the dashboard." He said before turning his attention back to the road. Natasha stared at him, clearly just as amused as me before doing as he said.

"Honestly, Natasha. You could've told that store clerk we were father, son and daughter." I motioned to Steve then to myself then to her. This was like a full blown family road trip.

"If anything, you two are more like brothers to each other. I'm like the... overseer of balance, sent by the heavens." She replied, looking out the window at the passing trees.

"Yes, the overseer that just randomly starts kissing people as a 'distraction'. I see you." I nodded. God, that was gonna be stuck in my mind now for ages.

"Was that your first kiss or something?" She looked back over the seat at me. If it was then I'd probably be very pissed off right now.

"No. Me and a friend tried out a relationship for like two months before scrapping it and just being besties." I explained with a sigh, pressing myself back against the seat. The car was actually kinda cozy.

"(Y/N) (L/N) has friends?" Natasha raised an eyebrow. I swear, someone already made that joke before. "Well, you're a decent kisser."

"Shut. Just shut up." I motioned for her to be quiet. She smirked and went back to looking outside. I was actually going to kill someone...

I slammed the car door closed, walking over to the other two as they examined a chain link fence.

"It came from here?" I questioned, running a hand down the metal with curiosity. The place looked important. There was even a warning sign on the fence which I totally ignored because the government can fuck themselves.

"Along with me." Steve added. I looked at him in confusion, wondering what he meant by that.

"This camp is where I was trained." Steve said, walking beside me. Natasha walked ahead of us with some device in the air.

"Has it changed since then?" I asked. Steve paused as he looked out at the field, clearly getting nostalgic. 

"A little." He said.

"Well, this is a dead end. Zero heat signatures, zero waves, not even radio." Natasha interrupted. "Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off."

"You're telling me we came all the way out here for nothing?" I stared at her with only minor frustration. I did not just sit in the back of a car like a child for hours, only to find out that there's nothing here.

Steve stared at one of the buildings nearby, making me turn to him. "What is it?" I asked. He began walking towards the thing, so I followed.

"Army regulations forbid storing munitions within 500 yards of the barracks. This building is in the wrong place." He said, readying his shield as he walked to the doors. Natasha stood at my side and we both watched as Steve broke off the lock with the shield.