Chapter 31: Nicholas

3rd Person POV

(Y/N) laid in the middle of the grass field with his hands on his chest. It was a quiet place to chill and the house wasn't too far away if someone needed him, which evidently they did.

"Who would've thought you were so good with kids." Steve remarked, making the man tilt his head to look up. Steve walked over from the direction of the house.

"Thought you were playing wood chopping simulator with Stark?" (Y/N) sat up with an exhale as Steve sat down beside him.

"He's fixing something." Steve said simply.

"It better be this whole mess we're in." (Y/N) huffed. The two randomly looked around their surroundings as if the sky and trees had suddenly become really interesting.

"We'll be fine. We just need to find Ultron again." Steve said.

"Well, no shit. And it scares me how I see similarities of myself in that damn robot. Son of a bitch stealing my omelette joke." (Y/N) rolled his eyes as he repositioned himself to be more comfortable. "Clint still thinking of retiring? Something tells me yes."

"I expect so. I guess that means we have recruiting to do." Steve hummed. (Y/N) paused, tapping the blonde on the shoulder and making him turn to him.

"Samuel Wilson." (Y/N) said with emphasis. He actually really liked Sam. He didn't support his 'I like 70s over 80s and 90s music' mentality, but he could work with it.

"I'm sure he'd be happy to join." Steve agreed. He would be quite happy to see his friend fight alongside them more often.

"Then we sack Tony for creating the Terminator, and I get to bring in my own star of the show." (Y/N) clapped his hands together as he began to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Steve just tilted his head at him with an amused expression.

"And who might your guy be?" Steve questioned. He knew (Y/N) was in contact with a lot of other people from his time before the Avengers (and during), so he was curious.

"Ever heard of Eddie Brock?"

2nd Person POV

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time." The appearance of Fury was certainly a surprise to everyone. Night had fallen and it was back to all things Ultron.

You leaned back against one of the walls, looking over at the supposedly dead man that was now in Laura's kitchen making himself a damn sandwich. The fucker didn't even ask, he just questioned where the bread was.

"My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." Fury continued. Cooper walked over to you as you listened, making you glance down at him as he held out your necklace. You smiled at him, taking it from his hand with a quiet 'thank you' as you began clipping it around your neck.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked from a separate wall he was also leant against.

"Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit." Fury shrugged.

"That doesn't settle me at all." You stated.

"It's not supposed to. It's a warning that we're in deep water." Fury pointed towards you with the butter knife before returning to the bread he had out.

"Well, I prefer my warnings diluted down with some sugar on the top. Is he still after launch codes?" You glanced over at Tony who was throwing darts. You weren't even sure why Clint owned a dartboard, but projectiles with pointy ends seemed to be his kind of thing.