4.

Meredith Grey had avoided anywhere public she had to go by getting Lexie to do it for her, but now she had no choice then to go with her sister to the mall to get a few necessary things for Emma. "I swear...just when everything seemed good and....can we hurry?"

"Relax...He's probably at work." Lexie said, standing next to Meredith as she pushed the stroller through the mall.

"You're right." Meredith shook her head, stopping and reaching for the stuffed baby that Emma had tossed from her stroller. "You know...Seattle is big and I shouldn't worry about it. What else did you need to get?"

"A jacket."

"Oh yeah." Meredith giggled, pulling to the side with the stroller to give Emma her bottle.

"Emma drooled all over my other one." Lexie laughed.

"Gross." Meredith kissed her baby daughter's cheek, before standing.

"Ba!"

"It's okay...I forgive you." Lexie giggled. "I'm gonna run to the bathroom...and then jacket and then we can go home."

"Right..." Meredith nodded. "I'll wait here and I'll make sure I got all of the right sizes in her clothes so we don't have to make another trip here."

"I'll be right back." Lexie smiled, heading toward the bathroom.

"Okay....Emma." Meredith leaned down in front of her baby, wiping up some of the discarded juice as her Noodle sucked on the end of the the bottle. She smiled, kissing the baby quickly before standing, her stuff immediatly falling from the shopping back. "Crap."

"Mama!" Emma giggled.

"Shh...." Meredith shook her head, trying not to smile as she picked up the pile of adorable clothes she had purchased today. She took a deep breath, pushing everything into the luggage part of the stroller before standing up.

"Meredith..." A man's voice said. Meredith looked up to see Derek standing in front of him, a red headed woman holding his hand.

"Derek." Meredith gasped.

"Hi." The baby said, looking up with a smile on her face at the two strangers.

"Hi..." Derek breathed, looking down at the baby, who had Meredith's eyes and his dark hair.

"Hello Beautiful." Addison laughed, leaning over to pat the baby's head before standing up and extending her hand. "Addison Montgomery."

"Meredith Grey." She whispered, looking up at Derek. "I um....you're at the mall."

"Yeah..." Derek breathed, his eyes stuck on the small baby in front of him.

"We're just here to return a few things and get Derek a new sweater." Addison added, looking around the mall. "So Derek has told me so much about you."

"Oh." Meredith nodded, looking down.

"Good things...all great things." Addison replied.

"This um..." Derek stuttered. "This is Addison...my girlfriend."

"Oh of course." Meredith breathed, wanting nothing more then to throw up in the nearby trashcan.

"Ma!" Emma smiled, hugging her doll close.

"She's beautiful." Derek whispered, looking down at the baby. The baby who he felt a connection with.

"Oh um....thanks." Meredith whispered, taking a step back.