39.

"Emma...sit still...please." Derek sighed, trying to get Emma's small jeans on. She had been squirming the entire him that Derek had given her a bath, and gotten her dressed. Meredith had left early in the afternoon to visit a few hospitals about internships before going to work and left Derek to take care of Emma until he had to leave for work. He was trying to get her dressed to take her to Lexie, who was going to watch their Noodle for the night.

But Emma wouldn't sit still as Derek tried to put her clothes on. She had all the energy in the world today, having woken them up at five in the morning and had been going non stop since then. Derek was exhausted but he still had to take Emma over to Meredith's sister and then go to work himself. Except, Emma was not cooperating. She kept kicking her legs and reaching and grabbing Derek's nose.

"Em...You have to wear clothes." He chuckled, grabbing another pair of pants and hoping she would let him put them on.

"Peh Boo!" She put her small hands to her face, pulling them away almost immediately. "Peh Boo!"

"Not now."

"Ma?" Emma looked around, asking for about the fifth time in the last hour. "Peh Boo...Ma?"

"Mommy left." Derek said to Emma again, holding her legs still and finally pulling up her small pants.

"Sa....Da....my go!" Emma bounced, as Derek lifted her into his arms as he tossed her pj bottoms into the small pink and blue hamper.

"You are going." He laughed, fixing her shirt.

"An my ba?"

"Your ba is going to."

"Ba." Emma smiled, watching as her father began packing the diaper bag.

"You have to be good for Aunt Lexie, Em." Derek said, putting Emma's sippy cup into the bag.

"La la?"

"Yes..." Derek laughed at the name she had for Lexie. "La la."

"Peh Boo." She laughed, her hands moving over her eyes again.

"She'll play with you...if we ever get there." Derek sighed, putting Emma down on the floor so he could finish packing her things.

"To...ba." Emma fought, but got right back up on her feet, immediately rushing to the door as a familiar giggle escaped her lips. It was Meredith's giggle, the one her father loved so much.

"Enma...you have to stay in here."

"Hi Da!" Emma stopped, looking at him before falling again. She pushed herself up and walked out of the room.

"Emma Carolyn..." Derek groaned, walking out of the room and scooping her up.

"Da....!" Emma clapped.

"You're going to give Da gray hairs."

"Nah!"

"Yes." He said, carrying her back into the nursery and closing the door before putting her back on the floor.

"Oh Da." Emma crawled over to the closed door, smacking her hand against it as Derek tossed a few diapers into the purple baby bag. "Ba Go!"

"I know...I'm almost done."

"Bo!"

"Got your ba..." He said, taking it from the dresser and putting it in the diaper bag.

"Ba!"

"Okay." Derek sighed, zipping up the diaper bag. "I think we're all ready to go."