14.

His mother was there. She was really there. Addison had taken her down the hall to her own room to freshen up and then they were all going to go downstairs to the hotel restaurant and have lunch. Tomorrow was Emma's birthday party and Derek was excited to see his daughter's first birthday, but he was nervous. Because now, his mother was there.

"Derek, Addison was telling me how you two went wine tasting in Spain." Carolyn Shepherd came back into their hotel suite, with Addison following.

"Oh...yeah." Derek smiled, hugging his mother as she came into the room and kissing Addison's cheek.

"It was superb." Addison grinned, standing next to Derek. "You've raised a gentleman, Mrs. Shepherd."

"Thank you Dear." Mrs. Shepherd nodded.

"We should get downstairs for lunch." Derek cleared his throat.

"Right." Addison nodded.

"It's so great to see you Mom." Derek smiled as he lead his mother out of the hotel room.

"Well you went to Spain and didn't come back for twenty months. It's great to see you."

"I was being a doctor."

"You've raised a great son, Mrs. Shepherd."

"Thank you Addison." Mrs. Shepherd breathed, as her son hit the elevator button. "Now Derek, let's not forget what I actually rushed out here for."

"I was wondering how fast you were going to bring that up." Derek sighed.

"How is my Grandbaby?"

"She's...incredible."

"Perfectly healthy I assume?"

"Yes."

"If you look at the pictures, she looks so much like Derek." Addison walked faster to keep up with Derek and his mother.

"She has a lot of Meredith in her too though." Derek said quickly.

"Well Meredith is a stunning woman." Mrs. Shepherd added.

"A woman who hid a baby." Addison coughed.

"Which I have not forgotten." His mother pointed.

"Addison..." Derek groaned.

"Stating the facts." Addison sighed.

"Believe me...I know what happened."

"Which brings me to ask this question. When can I see her?" His mother asked. "Have you told Meredith we're coming?"

"Not exactly."

"Not exactly?" Mrs. Shepherd looked between the two adults/

"She didn't want you to know yet." Derek sighed.

"Clearly." She groaned. "She hid my Grandbaby from you"

"Could you two give her a break?" Derek hissed. "She was scared."

"Derek....watch your tone with me." The older woman raised a hand, before slowly putting it down. "Where is my grandbaby?"

"With Meredith and Lexie."

"And Derek isn't allowed to go to lunch with them, because Meredith dictates everything he does." Addison added.

"I wasn't not allowed." Derek rolled his eyes. "My mother is here so I told her I had plans."