21.

She was awake, she could hear her daughter and she was awake. Meredith was awake too except she wasn't sure if she was ready to walk out of her room because last night had been...she had nearly gone all the way with Derek and that...it couldn't happen. They knew that and she knew she couldn't exactly stay in the room anymore so she walked out, to find Derek loving their daughter and playing on the ground with the baby. "Morning."

"Hey." Derek smiled, turning to look at her.

"I um...has she had breakfast?"

"Yeah...cheerios."

"Surprising." Meredith giggled. He wasn't looking at her weird, infact he wasn't looking at her any differently.

"And a nice...sippy cup of milk." Derek smiled.

"Hi." Emma smiled, before placing her pink pacifier back into her mouth.

"Hi."

"I made some coffee...although I don't know how good it is because someone interrupted me." Derek laughed, tickling Emma.

"Oh she did, did she?" Meredith smiled, giving up all thoughts that he might act weird. Instead she joined them on the floor.

"Yes she did."

"Oh Emma." Meredith sighed, looking up at Derek.

"How'd you sleep?" Derek breathed.

"Fine. You?"

"Pretty good."

"Good." Meredith breathed, blushing slightly.

"Do you want something to eat?"

"I...no."

"Okay."

"Mama!" Emma cried suddenly as she fell onto her bottom.

"Oh...You're okay." Derek laughed, leaning over and kissing Emma's head.

"She's not always a morning baby." Meredith breathed, lifting Emma into her arms.

"Her mother is never a morning person." Derek teased.

"I...you're right." She smiled shyly, before turning Emma around to face Derek. "Try to walk Em...."

"Come here." Derek smiled, holding out his hand for Emma to grab onto.

"Ba....Ma!" Emma gasped, holding on to Meredith's hands as she swayed on her own feet.

"You can do it Em."

"Step...."Meredith giggled, before Emma fell down on to her bottom again.

"Aww..." Derek laughed as Emma looked up at him and started to giggle.

"My Ba?"

"Right there." Meredith pointed to Emma's pacifier, before Emma snatched it and put it into her mouth. "I um...sorry about last night."

"For what?" Derek smiled, knowing exactly what she was talking about. "We're forgetting about it."

"Oh...right." Meredith breathed, blushing as she smiled. "I um...me too...forgetting that is."

"Okay." He nodded, only wanting to kiss her again.

"Da!" Emma tugged at his shirt.

"What?" Derek laughed, looking down at this daughter.

"My Ma!" Emma pointed to Meredith proudly.

"Really?" Derek acted shocked.

"Ma!" Emma pointed, before looking up at Derek. "My Ma!"