49.

"Smile." Meredith looked at her baby. Her small and innocent little girl who looked completely adorable with her favorite pink pacifier in her mouth, She needed a picture, well actually it was one of several pictures she was taking of Emma with her Ba. "Emma...look at me."

"Ma!" Emma grinned, clapping her hands as the camera flash went off.

"Hi." Meredith giggled, her heart warming of the image before her.

"How's our little model doing?" Derek laughed, walking into the living room with a plate with a small cupcake with pink icing on it.

"I don't think she understands but she's excited." Meredith replied, putting the camera down and leaning against the kitchen table.

"Of course she is...there's sugar and presents."

"My birday?" Emma giggled.

"No." Meredith giggled. Her baby was a genius. She was sure of that because anytime Emma managed to say a full understandable word, she was impressed.

"It's Ba's day." Derek laughed.

"Ba!" Emma grinned, placing it back into her mouth.

"I didn't know anyone could love a piece of plastic so much."

"Mmm." Emma grinned.

"You are so funny Noodle." Derek shook his head, kissing his daughter's cheek.

"I think I took too many pictures."

"Mommy's too camera happy." Derek laughed, lifting Emma up from her high chair.

"I can't help it."

"Mommy's crazy...Tell Mommy she's crazy." Derek laughed.

"Ca!" Emma giggled.

"Today's special Em."

"Spe?"

"Yeah Em..." Meredith leaned over to kiss Emma's soft cheek.

"For you and for Ba." Derek added.

"We're going to give Ba to the baby's who need Ba. You're a big girl." Meredith said, taking the pacifier out before popping it back into the baby's mouth.

"Ba."Emma grinned, pointing to her mouth.

"Yeah." Meredith grinned.

"Look what ba gets." Derek said, holding up a box that he had wrapped earlier.

"A pretty pink box with a girly...pretty girl ribbons and stuff." Meredith giggled, kissing Emma's cheek again. "Daddy even let Mommy put some sparkles on it."

'Which ended up with sparkles all over the table...and all over Daddy."

"But I got them off of you." Meredith winked, taking Emma back into her arms.

"Yes you..Okay...we're not talking about that." Derek laughed.

"No...." Meredith replied, as Derek lit the candle on one of the cupcakes.

"Okay.' Derek breathed, holding out the cupcake. "This is for Ba."

"Mmm." Emma grinned, for one of the last times with Ba in her mouth.

"Ba goes in here..."

"Wait!" Meredith held her hand out.

"What?" Derek frowned.

"I...lets just...maybe we could wait a minute." Meredith breathed, her face looking concerned as she looked up at him.

"One more minute."