52.

Seven o'clock. Derek was home. Almost exactly on the dot, no later and no earlier. The front porch light was on and Derek could see that the kitchen light in the house was on as he pulled up, but the rest of the house was dark. He grabbed the things that Meredith had asked him to get, including a bottle of champagne, from the backseat of his car before heading up to the front door and unlocking it

"Hey." She breathed, meeting him at the door with a silver silk robe on her body, with the shoulder dipping off to reveal a black lace bra.

"Hi..." Derek breathed, his eyes tracing over her body.

"You're an attending now." She breathed, stepping a little closer.

"I am." He smiled, putting the bags he had brought from the car down onto the floor.

"I'm um...really proud of you." She smiled coyly, stepping closer to him and wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Thank you." He whispered, his arms moving around her waist.

"Like really proud."

"How proud?"

"Really....super proud." Meredith said, before capturing his lips. "Proud enough to give Emma sugar and wear her out so she would fall asleep early."

"Mmm..." He moaned lightly against her lips. "That makes me proud of you."

"It does?"

"If you could get her to bed without her Ba...very proud."

"We have Lexie to thank for that."

"The toy?"

"Yeah um...Lexie has kind of taught her to comfort the baby with the Ba...like a Mommy." Meredith kissed him again. "Now...she was still a little fussy and she'll probably wake up again but...the babydoll and Emma...cutest thing ever."

"Thank god." He laughed against her lips, grabbing the bottle of champagne.

"But we made you a snack...and some dinner. Well the Italian restaurant down t he street made you dinner but Emma and I managed to make a cake."

"Hmm...Really?" Derek smiled.

"Yeah...I cut a slice to give her...you know because of the sugar high thing."

"Did she get food poisoning?"

"Stop that." She pouted against his lips.

"Sorry." He laughed, kissing her deeply.

"It was from a box...hard to mess up."

"Can I have a piece?"

"Yeah." She kissed him again, his hands moving up to her hair.

"Chocolate?" He whispered as he slowly stepped backwards into the kitchen.

"Yep." She giggled, as he held onto her waist and walked with her.

"Frosting?"

"Chocolate." She kissed him again.

"Mmm..."

"I find this attending thing rather sexy."

"Now...I get dark blue scrubs."

"Very sexy."

"No more light blue." He chuckled.

"Wow." She breathed, her dark blonde hair spilling over her shoulder.